Chapter Thirteen

(Hey everyone I hope your liking this fanfic so far I'm honestly surprised so many people have read this I honestly thought it was garbage)

It was just after had lost to Date Tech...

All I felt in my head was disappointment. I was so disappointed in myself... It hurt so much knowing how hard I tried and it still wasn't enough. That I wasn't enough. Wakatoshi had went to nationals like last time. I was starting to think of how I'll never be able to beat him. I made a promise to myself to start putting in much more effort into my practices. From here on out because I was going to go to nationals one year.

I was woken up to my sister shaking me away.

"Hikaru!", she yelled, "You got ten minutes to change or you'll be late dumbass!"

I look at my alarm clock and realize i hadn't woken up when it went off. I quickly rush out of bed and run to the car. I sit down and look around but I don't see my little brother, Eichi. My sister starts the car and starts to drive me to Karasuno.

"Why isn't Eichi in the car?", I ask.

"You seriously don't think of anything but volleyball", Tsubaki says. "We're all going to Grandma's house today but mom said you didn't have to come because you had school. I have a break for college and Eichi won't die missing a few days of school".

I feel my face heat up and nod and look away. "But you hate going to Grandma's", I say softly.

"Your damn right I do! I hate all they see me is some stupid bride! Just to marry off! And all they tell me is to lose fuck we-!", I cut Tsubaki off in her rant.

"You know you don't have to lose weight right?", I say softly. "Your perfectly healthy".

Her face goes to the color of her hair and she keeps her eyes completely on the road. I have to admit my sister was never ugly in my opinion. She wasn't as thin as my father wanted but many girls would envy her hourglass figure. Her and I looked so alike except she had my mother's eyes. But in my opinion there was never a reason for her to lose weight. She was healthy and maybe a bit bigger than what was considered beautiful but she was healthy and that's all that mattered to me.

Tsubaki dropped me off at Karasuno but before she left she went. "Hikaru", she paused, "you'll kick ass next year I know it". Than she drove off.

I wish that had made me feel better but all I could focus on was all my mistakes.

'I should've ran faster to get to the ball'
'I could've done better'
'Should've pushed myself harder'

These thoughts plagued me all day. By the time lunch came I felt so nauseous. I sat down with Asahi, Suga, and Daichi. I had realized I had no money and did not bring my own lunch.

"What are you having for lunch Hikaru?", Daichi asked.

"Oh I'm not hungry! I had a really big breakfast!", I lied.

"Are you sure? I could give you some of mine", Suga offered.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine guys", I say softly.

Asahi was unnaturally quiet it was weird after our loss.

"I'm not going to practice today guys. I don't feel well", he says softly.

"Oh okay Asahi", I say, "I hope you feel better".

Everyone else eats in a comfortable silence and before we realize it lunch is over.

The school day goes so agonizingly slow. My stomach started to hurt but I refused to miss practice.

I needed to get better.

I NEEDED to go to nationals next year.

I N E E D E D to beat Wakatoshi.

I walk to the locker room and quickly change. I see Nishinoya look around and look confused.

"Where's Asahi?", he asks.

"Not feeling well so he went home", I say while going to leave the locker room.

I see a small disappointed look on Nishinoya's face before I leave.

I immediately start doing my warmup and laps.

I start doing my blocks and every time I miss a block I go and run a lap. I start to get sweaty real fast and my head starts to hurt.

I keep doing this for about 45 minutes before I felt light headed.

"YEAH SENPAI PUT IN THE EFFORT!", Noya yells.

It was at that moment that the world started spinning. I started to lose my balance and I felt my eyes close and I start to plummet to floor.