Chapter Fourteen

(WHY ARE SO MANY DAMN PEOPLE READING THIS!? I ACTUALLY FEEL REALLY BAD IF I DONT UPDATE NOW! Like please tell me why you like this it's honestly not that good I wrote this cause I thought Ushiwaka was attractive and wanted to do an oc cause Ushiwaka gay)

(Also the start of this chapter will be in Ushiwakas POV
Let the fun begin~)

It had just been a regular volleyball practice. Not much had happened. Tendou had done a block and Semi had set as our middle blocker and our setter. I hear my phone ring and I walk over to it. I see Hikaru is calling me and feel my face twitch into a smile for a moment than pick up.

"Hello Hikaru", I say not helping the smile on my face from appearing.

"H-hello! I-is this 'T-Toshi'?", says a voice that is obviously not Hikaru.

"Why do you have Hikaru's phone", I say sternly trying to hide my worry.

'Where is my strawberry?'
'Is he okay?'

"I-I'm Sugawara from Karasuno", I heard him say, "s-something h-happened".

"What happened?", I saw unable to hide the worry in my voice.

"H-hikaru passed o-out I-in p-practice".

I felt my heart drop. I've never felt so scared in my lie.

"H-Hes okay!", the man who calls himself Sugawara says, "his parents aren't picking up though.... Do you think you could send him home and take care of him?" 

"On my way", I say sternly. I hang up and grab my bag and start walking out the door.

"Ushijima!", I hear my coach yell but I don't stop walking. All I can think about is Hikaru. "Ushijima Wakatoshi get back here! Practice isn't over".

"Emergency coach!", and continue my decent to Karasuno.

I get there as fast as I can and I see a familiar looking boy with gray hair but I don't look at him long enough because I don't care. I see Hikaru on the floor with a towel on his forehead. I immediately go to him and feel an ache in my chest.

"H-he is o-okay 'Toshi'", he says scared.

"Ushijima", I say annoyed, "only Hikaru gets to call me Toshi".

"G-got it Ushijima", he says in a scared tone.

I slowly pick up Hikaru. "Do not worry I will take care of him", I say.  I look at him. He looks so pale and he's limp in my arms. I feel my throat tighten for a moment. Here's my little strawberry.

He could've died.

I feel my stomach lurch at the thought and I quickly try to calm down.
"Would any of your third years be willing to drive me to Hikaru's home?", I ask.

"I got it!", I hear an unfamiliar mans voice and glance to see a high school boy with keys in his hands. I go back to looking at Hikaru and follow the boy to the car.

I sit down and lay Hikaru's head on my lap. I slowly run my hands through his hair. His hair was always soft and he still used the shampoo that smelled like strawberries. It was one of the reasons I gave him that nickname. I feel the corners of my mouth twitch. This boy really meant everything to me.

"Is he gonna be alright?", the boy says.

"Yes", I state.

"So...", he starts, "what school do you go to?"

"Shiratorizawa", I answer.

"Do you like it there?", he asks.

"Yes", I answer.