Isn't it romantic?

London, England

The day was here, it was time for me to head to France. The chills of the morning got to me when I was loading my suitcases on to the car, Pops had told me to bundle up but I refused.

Erica sent me a text saying she was already on her way to the airport, as usual she, Tim and I were flying together. Tim the proudest of us all for he used to spend summers in Marseille with his family.

The drive to the airport was pleasant except for the fact Pops kept briefing me about how to conduct myself as if it was the first time, before we knew it we were here.

"Do a good job kiddo, bon voyage!" Pops cheered.

"I will pops!" I grinned giving him the last hug for a while.

Erica and Tim were at the departure terminal, very bundled up and sleepy looking. Tim handed me a cup of coffee saying I'll need it. We completed our check in procedure and took a seat near the gates.

"Thanks for the coffee Tim, this was tiring."

"I know." He smirked looking very smug.

"Who are you texting Erica? You haven't said a word!" I asked her.

"Huh? No one, nothing." She looked up from her screen.

"Alright, keep your secrets then." Tim chimed in.

"Both of you are so nosy!" She whinged.

We boarded the flight, along with a lot of familiar faces from work that were probably all over the place. I took the seat by the window, Erica the middle and we gave Tim the isle seat.

"Wait till we get to work Periwinkle, I'm going to give you terrible tasks." Tim sassed.

"Tim, you do realise I'm your supervisor as well?" Erica smiled.

"Mon Dieu, you both gang up against me all the time!"

"You do petty shit all the time!" I exclaimed.

"Fair enough." He sighed.

I leafed through the magazines placed in the little pocket of the seats, read a bit of my book and watched a show. Erica was fast asleep and Tim was having a good time.

"Psst! Tim! What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He pointed to the sheet mask on his face.

"Oh cool, I wish I had thought of that."

"Here take one, I was going to do this for the flight back."

"Thanks!" I said taking the packet from him.

We both sat with masks on our face and it felt good, Erica woke up to the announcement made by the steward, we were going to land at Paris in a few minutes.

"You missed out on spa time." Tim said taking off his mask.

"Yeah, it was nice, felt very good."

"Oh well, maybe next time, what I really needed was a nap."

We were asked to deboard the flight for a few hours, the crew had to clean up the aircraft, refuel it and get new passengers onboard. It was 10 pm, when I checked my phone.

We sat at a little eatery, Tim got us very delicious looking baked goods. I texted mom and pops to let them know I was in Paris. Get a fridge magnet! Mom texted back, she has this habit of getting magnets from every city or place she's been in. They adorn our fridge and brighten our kitchen.

"I'll be at these little stores trying to find a magnet." I informed them.

"Sure, let me help you look!" Erica joined me.

"Yet again, I'm being abandoned." Tim sulked.

I rolled my eyes at his antics and asked Erica to stay behind, I'll go get the magnets I wanted myself. I bought a few so mom had "variety" and a tiny Eiffel Tower charm to hang on my bag.

After hours of duty free shopping, eating and gossiping we were allowed onboard again. Just another hour before I sit in a car for another hour! I cheered myself up.

The city looked wonderful from above, I couldn't help but take pictures when we took off. Erica looked very tense and brushed me off with a quick I'm alright when I asked her what's wrong.

Tim was engrossed in watching keeping up with the Kardashians, with nothing to do I started drifting to sleep. A quick nap wouldn't hurt!

"Up! Up!" Tim's voice brought me back to reality.

"Mornin!" I stretched myself out.

"It's time to get off and get ourselves a car."

We got off, got to the gates and get our bags from the baggage carousel and walked to the exit of the terminal. A familiar voice kept calling for Erica, I tried to figure out where it was coming from.

My question was already answered when Erica started running towards a head full of tousled blond-brown hair, it was Pierre.

I kept my distance, I was exactly in earshot of them. She flung her arms around him, he stood there and took her in with his arms wide open.

"I didn't know you'd be here, you look so tired!" She addressed him.

"Well, I haven't slept properly in two days and I don't think I'll ever be able to unless I ask you what's on my mind." He expressed.

He looked very tense, scared almost. I knew exactly what his head was thinking, but Erica stood there, looking into his eyes, with no clue what's coming next.

"I've been thinking about this for a while, in fact the day I saw you at Baku," he continued, "At first all I saw was an absolutely ravishing lady any guy would be lucky to be with but when I talked to you, found out more about you, I realised you're stunning in every way a person can be."

"Oh Pierre-"

"I'm not done yet! Wait! I'm done with talking, I'm done with just dreaming about you. If my heart shatters to a million pieces at the end of it then be it, I can't go on another day without realising you complete me." He took a deep breathe, " Erica Vaughn, will you let me be your boyfriend?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times!" She kissed him.

The sappy romantic in me was ready to burst into tears, this was beautiful. It felt straight out of a movie, oh to be loved so much! They had so much love for each other in their eyes, it was devotion.

"Looks like we're on our own." Tim sighed.

"Way to rain on her parade! Can't you be happy for Erica?"

"Of course I can, let's take our single selves to the car bay."

I told them how happy I was for them and told Erica that Tim and I were leaving, she said that she and Pierre would meet us at the hotel later.

I was smiling from ear to ear, they looked so happy together! His eyes sparkled when he saw her and she felt at ease with him, they truly did deserve the joy they brought to each other.

I texted mom and Pops that I was in the car, on my way to Le Castellet, I sent Arthur and Lando a text too so we could plan our outing for tomorrow.