Someone needs to stay sober!

"Lance wins the Spanish Grand Prix! Pierre crosses the line to take second place and Daniel finishes third! What a race ladies and gentlemen!" The commentator declared.

I was happy for Lance, he had been giving this race his all from the start. The center was swarmed with people cheering and celebrating for all three of them, bottles of alcohol flew off the shelves.

I wanted to go congratulate Lance for his win but he was swarmed with media. Once the unit was relatively empty, I snuck out and ran towards the Aston Martin unit.

"You did it! You all did it!" I hollered.

"Yes we did! We did it!" He hooted.

I gave him a bear hug and before we knew it, it snow balled into a group hug. Grown men and women jumping, singing and screaming all over the unit, it was quite a sight.

"I'm going to hold on to you a little longer." He said squeezing me into a tighter hug,

"No you smell! So sweaty and disgusting!"

"You're going to get trampled short stack!" He laughed.

"You have ruined our friendship by calling me short and making me smell your disgusting sweat." I complained.

I was set free once the crowd subdued, note to self: Do not hug your friends after a race, they're smelly and sweaty.

I was wiping his sweat off me and I definitely needed to shower again, blech! Disgusting! I heard him laugh at me, I looked at him and scowled.

"We're partying tonight! You better show up!" He exclaimed before being escorted to the media pen.

I walked back to my hospitality unit, I was greeted by Tim who was smiling slyly.

"Mon Dieu, where have you been Periwinkle?"

"Around, I was congratulating Lance."

"Don't say that to Erica, you're going to be fired today if that's the reason you walked away from your duties."

I walked up to Erica, who looked furious. She had crossed her arms and was tapping her foot impatiently.

"Periwinkle, do you care to explain why you left?"

"Can I tell you somewhere else? A little more private?"

She walked towards the break room, I followed her meekly.

"I may be your friend Nat but that's no excuse for you to slack off!"

"I wasn't slacking off! Lance won the race and as a friend I wanted to congratulate him!"

"Don't abandon your duties." She grumbled

"I won't but I know how to make it up to you!" I smiled.

"How?"

"Party! Lance invited us!" I beamed.

Finally, she didn't look grumpy anymore and was smiling.

*****************
"DANCIN! DANCIN IS WHAT TO DO!" I yelled the lyrics at the top of my lungs as I danced on the floor.

The vibe of the club was electric! Erica and I were shimmying on the dance floor while the rest of the guys were either laughing at our antics or getting absolutely hammered.

Lance had let go of all his tense behaviour, he was swigging every bottle of alcohol he could find in his booth.

"Someone needs to stay sober or this is going to be a disaster." Pierre sighed looking at Lance and Daniel swig down beers.