Paul and Helen.

London

It was late afternoon and we had sunshine. I scooped myself some ice cream, grabbed my book and decided to sit in my backyard to soak up the sun.

"All my babies are so happy to see the sun!" Pops grinned, petting all his plants in the backyard.

Have you disowned me? I asked him. We laughed, he came and sat down next to me and ate up the rest of my ice cream.

"Where are we off to next?" He asked me.

"Spain! More sun and happiness!" I exclaimed, "why aren't you travelling to races as frequently as you used to pops?"

"Kiddo, I'm old now! Plus you've got to establish yourself as a person." He replied.

"What are my favourite humans up to?" Mom enquired as she approached where we were sitting.

"Complaining about how both of you haven't showed up to a single race." I whined with a pouty face. " I swear you went to like four races last year!"

"We were going to surprise you but I can't keep it in anymore." My mom sighed.

"Helen! You can't tell her!"

"Paul! Honey can't you see how sad our child is?" She stated doing that weird wide eye thing moms do.

"We're coming to Monaco!" They hollered in unison, with big smiles on their face.

I pulled them both in for a tight hug, Monaco was one race away from Spain and I couldn't be happier to see them there.

I heard my phone ring, I was getting a call from Erica.

"Hello?"

"From the other sideeee!"

"Are you tipsy in the afternoon!? Erica what is happening?"

"I'm not tipsy! I called to ask you if you would like to join me for some tea or coffee."

"Say it! Tell me you miss me!"

"No ew I'd never. See you at Art café, five thirty."

Before I could say anything she cut the call, I told my parents about the plans that were made . Pops was glad  that I was opening up to Erica.

I washed my face, left my hair in its untamed form and changed into a summery dress. I used to complain about this city a lot and today I missed it every time I was away from it.

************

I spotted Erica, there was someone else sitting with her, she did a fat eye roll. I  knew who it was .

"Hello boys!" I chirped as a I took a seat. "How are you doing Tim?"

"It's been a while since I've bullied you Nat!" He winked.

"I don't understand the dynamics of your relationship. As long as you get along." Erica shrugged.

We devoured the food and sipped on our beverages as Tim filled us in on workplace gossip. He knew so many people and he knew so much about them.