I am a twisted person

Budapest —> Mogyoród, Hungary

I didn't have enough time to get back home after Germany, I didn't want to either. I didn't want to discuss my little rendezvous with Mick.

Nothing came out of it but it was still an awkward thing to talk about, with Lando literally disappearing from my life the media attention finally started dying out. Nudging Arthur to release a statement did help, I could go back to being myself.

For the first time, I was flying down to a city all by myself. I felt so grown up, no Tim offering me coffee, no Erica yelling about how the gates had opened. Just me, responsible for myself.

Travelling by yourself is underrated! The whole "oh you'll get lonely" notion is a lie, when you're by yourself you can observe your surroundings better. You get to explore the place and do things at your own pace.

Flying from Cologne to Budapest was a breeze, in a matter of miles the cities changed so dramatically! Cologne had its own beauty but Budapest's old world  charm was just as graceful.

The drive to Mogyoród was a good change of scenery, the small town was charming. The large green fields, chapels and beautiful villas had my heart.

Few days later, Tim and Erica were here. We went around town and took photos in the picturesque fields. I couldn't get over the beauty of the houses here, I was informed by locals most of them were vacation homes to the people living in Budapest! It was a vacation/ weekend getaway town.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday rushed past so quick, being buried in work does make time fly by faster. This what I was here for right? Working a job and doing my best at it.

It was Race day at last, the sun hidden behind the clouds didn't mean the heat was gone. The paddock was buzzing with life, everyone moving around like worker bees in a hive.

Tim had called me to the gates with water bottles for him and Elena, I walked to the gates to hand them the bottles and hang around for a bit. My work started only after the people started showing up to the unit.

"Periwinkle, GO!" Tim yelled.

"Why? No one's even here yet?"

"The gates are not some chatting spot. Leave."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and started walking back to the unit.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, it was pops. Pops? He normally called after the race or before I started work.

"Hello?"

No response, I continued saying hello. I was so confused, what had happened?

I nearly tripped on someone's shoes and crashed into someone. They caught my arm before I completely fell to the ground, I looked up to meet their face.

It was Max, his piercing eyes darted at me. I took help of his hand to be up on my two feet again, I couldn't look away from his eyes.

"Watch where you're going." He shot at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

He just started walking away without even hearing what I had to say, gosh he was rude! Who even does that?

I went back to the unit and started working with the guests, talking to them, making them smile and just make sure they were having a good time.

I couldn't help but feel irritated by the way he had behaved, I tried to brush off what he had done but it kept coming back to my mind. His piercing gaze never left my mind, it intimated me but drew me in at the same time.