-21-

Author pov:

As Ellen and Patrick were getting into the car to go surprise the kids about the gender Ellen felt a hard kick on her right side. "Owww" she exclaimed. "El whats wrong" Patrick asked. "I don't know the baby is over here but then whats this. she asked taking Patricks hand over to the other side. "El lets go to the ER" he exclaimed. They quickly got into the car and in about 10 minutes were there. "What seems to be the problem" The nurse asked. "My fiancé just came back from her OB appointment and she's feeling this pain on her other side of her." He tried to explain. "ok ill page OB" she said running off. After a couple minutes the OB came. "Lets see whats up with you baby. After a quick look she said. "I mean babies." She exclaimed. "WHAT" Ellen said confused. "It looks like the OB might of had an outdated ultrasound or maybe the just missed it. It looks like twin B is smaller and not getting enough food which might be why they didn't catch it. But I would suggest getting a new OB." The OB told them and Patrick and Ellen were shocked. "Babies, as in plural" Patrick said shocked. "Yep and I can tell you both genders if you want." she asked. "Yes please" Ellen asked nicely. "Looks like you guys have two healthy baby girls." She said. "Omg" that was the last thing Ellen said before everything went black.

Patrick pov:

"ELLEN" I screamed before catching her because she fell towards me. The OB quickly went to get help and came back to check on the babies. "The babies are ok" she told me. "ok good" I replied. I was glad out girls are ok but I really need Ellen to be ok. My thought were interrupted by the sound of people coming in and getting her on the gurney. I followed them until they got her to a drama room and assessed her. A few minutes later the trauma doctors came up to me. "your wife is ok, we have her on an IV drip to keep fluids because she was a little sleep deprived and very dehydrated probably because she didn't know she was having twins." He told me and the only thing I got from that was that she was ok. "Um yeah thanks again doctor." I said walking over to her room. When I got to her room she was sleeping so I just sat by her bed. 30 minutes later the doctor came in and told us that she can leave tomorrow and she just has to stay the night her observation. When he left she started to wake up.

"El your awake" Patrick exclaimed kissing her forehead.

"I am what happened" she asked reaching for her water since her throat was dry.

"El you passed out after you found out we were having twins" I told her.

"oh ok come lay with me" she said moving over for me to lay.

I moved over to the hospital bed and started to play with her hair. "So we are having twins" I asked as a rhetorical question.

"Yeah we are having twins". she replied. We quickly fell asleep in each others arms.

The Next Morning

Author pov

Ellen got discharged from the hospital and made their way to the car. "Wait what are we going to tell the kids" Ellen asked. "How about we tell them you are having twins and then we bake two small cakes and they batter and frosting inside is pink." Patrick said hoping she would say yes because Ellen makes the best cakes. "Sure but if we do that then I am going to make them" Ellen said as if she read Patricks mind. "Perfect I was hoping you would say that." He said. They got into the driveway and went inside, all the kids were watching tv and eating popcorn all cuddled up to each other. "Hey guys" Ellen said and as soon as they saw her they all ran and hugged her. "we missed you so much" Sullivan said. "Hey what about me don't I get a hug" Patrick said jokingly. They all ran and hugged him too. "Guys we have news for you." Ellen said "What?" Stella asked. "You guys aren't just getting one new sibling you guys are getting two" Ellen said hugging Patrick. "Wait its twins???" Talula said confused. "Yep and we know the genders so your dad is going to take you all shopping at the mall while I get ready to show you guys the genders" Ellen said. "ok" Darby replied. they all got their shoes on and Patrick went to Ellen and kissed her goodbye. As soon as she heard the door slam shut she got to work on making the cakes. Luckily because she always baked she didn't have to get anything. She made strawberry batter and put both cakes in the oven. After about 20 minutes in the oven she put them in the fridge to cool down and she started to make the frosting. she made pink frosting to put inside the cake and instead of making to cakes and putting them on top she decided to make a smaller cake and cut it through the middle horizontally and the put the frosting in between and planned on doing that for both cakes. After she made the pink frosting she made the white frosting and planned on overing all sides of the cake with it. And then made black frosting for the writing. She took the cakes out of the fridge and started the process. She had to be careful when making the horizontal cut because it had to be straight. She successfully did and finished each cake within 10 minutes and for the final touch put baby 1 on one cake and baby 2 on the other . She sat on the couch she heard to door open and heard the kids walk in. "Ok guys heres whats going to happen. Talula is going to cut both cakes one at a time. Blue cake batter and icing means boy and pink batter and frosting means its a girl." Ellen explained. "Ok" They all replied. Talula cut the first one and they all screamed with joy. "ITS A GIRL" she yelled jumping up and down and hugging Ellen and Patrick. She then cut the second one and screamed again. "ITS TWIN GIRLS" she said and all the kids started to scream with joy and excitement. After they ate both cakes as a family while watching a movie they all went to bed and couldn't wait to meet the new additions to the family.

DONT HATE ME Im so sorry I haven't updated. 2021 has been kicking my ass with school and everything and I haven't been motivated to write . Next chap will be fun to write and read and will hopefully be up this week. And also thank you all so much for 7k reads!!!