3.) I Get Into A Battle Of Wills With My Morning Coffee

@Sɪʟs-Is-Tʜ-Nɪɢʜ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 6:44

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Gɪʀʟ Fʀᴏᴍ Tʜᴇ Sɪᴅᴇᴡᴀʟᴋ] - [Nᴏᴀʜ Fʟᴏᴇʀsᴄʜ]

---------------------------

Apparently today's song of choice was Dolly Parton's "9 to 5", played full blast as her father drove his chariot through the sky, like he did every morning. Xan shot out of bed as she usually did at sunrise, grumbling to herself about her dad's antics. Though she had to admit, if she had to be woken up by her dad like this, Xan was at least glad that he'd moved on from his recent yodelling phase. It's one thing to wake up to music blaring on a frequency that only you and your siblings can hear, and it's another to wake up to the worst that yodelling has to offer. Every morning for three months in a row.

Rolling to the edge of her bed to take her medicine, she groaned when she saw the time, barely having gotten four hours of sleep the night before. After seeing Scott safely to his house, she ran all the way back to her own, took a much needed shower, and decided to Iris Message Annabeth about the events of the night. Even with their two brains put together, they weren't able to make any headway on what the howling could have meant. They just kept going in circles from monster to murderer, until they were too tired for any more coherent thoughts.

Xan wanted to discuss her dream too, but her gut held her back. Sometimes telling the future to the wrong people, or before you knew enough about it, would do much more harm than good. After all of that, she fell asleep at last, her second dream of the night being relatively tame; she was being chased through the halls of school, pursued by the red eyes of a beast. It was nice to have such a pleasantly mortal nightmare.

Heading down to the kitchen, she put on a pot of coffee, and sat down with a copy of the daily paper. Her mom had a soft spot for print journalism, so they received a national paper every day, and the Beacon Hills Chronicle every Sunday, and all three of the Beaumonts would devour them alongside their breakfast. She read and drank her coffee, until finally a sharp rap at the front door signalled the arrival of her best friend. Opening it to the strawberry blonde, Xan was greeted first with a smile, and then with a dissatisfied groan.

"What? What was that groan for?" she questioned, causing Lydia to roll her eyes dramatically in response.

"Oh don't tell me you don't already know, you couldn't have put an ounce of care into your appearance? People have been deprived of our shining faces for two weeks, and you decide to look like you stayed up all night solving the world's first mobius rubix's cube?" she scoffed, "Asking what, all offended as if you couldn't possibly know, ridiculous."

"Alright, just come inside before your harsh critique of my appearance wakes up the neighbors," Xan said, stepping aside to let her closest mortal friend pass her.

"Don't be such a drama queen Xanthippe,"

"Shhh, easy with the legal name there Lydia, not everyone has to know that I was an apparently unlovable baby who deserved to be punished at birth,"

"Again with the drama, Jesus Christ," Lydia complained as she marched up the stairs, having been over at the girl's house more than enough to feel comfortable acting like it was her own.