2.) My Midnight Run Gets Crashed By A Wolf

@Xᴀɴ_Tʜɪᴘᴘʏ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 5:13

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Aǫᴜᴀʀɪᴜs Aᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘᴛɪᴄ] - [Sᴛᴏᴘ Lɪɢʜᴛ Oʙsᴇʀᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴs]

--------------------------------

     Though she had told her brother that she'd be listening for his call, Xan couldn't help but drift asleep soon after the boys left, which was her first mistake. Sleeping was anything but peaceful, her dreams were often nightmares, or visions of the future, like most demigods; but for children of Apollo, things got a bit worse.

     Xan knew she was seeing the future as soon as the dream began, because she had bought the jacket that she was wearing at the mall with Lydia just a few days ago, to prepare for winter. She paused, watching her future self fighting for her life, and noted with satisfaction that the jacket did indeed look cute from all angles. 

     Too bad, because the next thing she saw was the down being slashed open by something she couldn't quite see. It moved like an arrow or a dart might, but it was obviously much sharper than that. She heard her future self cry out in pain as another caught her in the thigh. This one stuck, and she could see that it looked almost like a quill. 

     The vision began to speed up now, she couldn't tell who was with her, or even where she was. She thought she could make out Aegis, and some flashes of Riptide through the chaos around her, but the only thing she could see for certain was a young boy. He looked frightened to death of everything going on around him, and there was an arm thrown across his chest, like someone was trying to move him away from danger. Their eyes locked, and her vision tunneled until it was just the two of them.

     "Xanthippe," the boy called out to her. It was like they were propelled away from each other with just that one word. The scene around her was washed with a blinding light, accompanied by the sudden sick sensation of falling. When the light faded, she was looking through her own eyes again. 

     Xan was stood at the edge of a cliff, surrounded by thick snow. Brown eyes frantically searched through the snowflakes that swirled around her into the cold night air. Spiraling down and down towards a rocky beach and a violent sea. There was a crushing pressure in her throat, and a hollowness in her chest, the combination made her feel like she was being ripped in half from the inside. Her cheeks were slick, with tears or maybe blood, she couldn't say. 

     She was playing a life or death version of Where's Waldo, only she didn't have a clue what Waldo looked like. Xan was searching for something that meant a lot to her, but the pinch in her throat grew as it became harder to ignore what she already knew deep down: she had no chance at finding what she had lost. The snow and waves began to blur into a scene of blue and black, as her eyes became glazed with tears. Her future self fell to her knees, the roaring thump of her heartbeat reaching a crescendo with the loud cry that rang through the air.

     Her lungs ached, and her throat was hot and scratchy as she gulped in the cool night air, having launched upright in her bed. She'd been screaming again. Suddenly, she was grateful that her mom was away at a conference, she'd have felt terrible if she'd disturbed her. Xan grabbed her twin swords, disguised as the very same tampons that Stiles had mocked earlier. She made a mental note to IM Beckendorf later and tell him the story, he'd get a good laugh out of it.