8.) My Boyfriend's Back- Oh Wait, He's Gone Again

@Xᴀɴ_Tʜɪᴘᴘʏ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 2:17

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Mʏ Bᴏʏғʀɪᴇɴᴅ's Bᴀᴄᴋ] - [Tʜᴇ Aɴɢᴇʟs]

By Friday, Xan had mostly convinced herself that everything was fine in Beacon Hills. The looming mystery of the dead body in the preserve would soon be solved by the competent local law enforcement. As for Scott, he had probably just received a blessing from Nike, giving him incredible sports abilities. Some nagging doubts remained in Xan's mind, but they were shockingly easy to brush off, probably because she was tired of always having to deal with Godly Bullshit.

There was only one thing she knew concretely: Allison was just an extremely nice new girl. Definitely not a killing machine, in fact the only killing that girl was doing was with kindness. Xan had already sheepishly packed away her cork-board the night before, there seemed to be nothing wrong with Allison at all. Well, there was one thing.

The girl was absolutely infatuated with Scott McCall.

Apparently he had come to her rescue in a major way on Wednesday night, and her initial attraction to him had grown into full blown puppy love. Lydia and Xan had patiently listened to her gush through about five different renditions of the night, how sweet and caring and funny he was. It was beginning to get a little annoying, despite how happy Xan was for the girl. She was honestly excited to be making a friend like Allison: she was attentive and understanding, and didn't call nearly as much attention onto Xan as Lydia did.

The last few days had been peaceful, and Allison's incessant buzzing about Scott had begun to be a sort of white noise for her. Today though Xan just couldn't focus on more analysis of Scott's smile, she had her own love life to think of. Ethan was coming to visit for a few days.

The joy and anticipation bubbled up in her chest and made it hard to swallow. Seconds seemed to drag on, and no matter how many times her classmates asked, she just couldn't stop her feet from tapping rapid-fire. If only the clock hand would move as fast. Calculus and Biology seemed to drag on even worse than her other classes, and by the time she finally slipped into her seat next Allison for AP French, she breathed a small sigh of relief. The final bell was now within her reach, and any last will to do schoolwork fled her body as she turned to face her new friend.

"You're going to be at the party tonight, right?" Xan asked, barely keeping her eager voice at a subtle volume.

"Yeah, Scott asked me two days ago, remember?"

"No offense, but how could I forget? It's basically all you've talked about since," Xan ribbed, shimmying her shoulders as she laughed at the sheepish look on Allison's face. "I totally get it though, I mean I wasn't able to gush about Ethan a lot when we started dating, but trust me I wanted to. I have a stuffed bear that definitely got tired of hearing about it, there was some squealing involved."

"Just some?"

"Well I was barely 13 at the time, so a lot, a lot of squealing was involved."

"You guys have been dating for two years?" Allison spluttered, shocked at how long they'd managed a long distance relationship at such a young age.

"No just one, I'm 14 now. I skipped a grade as a kid, and my birthday is at the end of the school year, so I've always been the youngest in my grade." Xan said, flushing at how childish it sounded to say out loud.