14.) Call Channel Five News: I Just Watched A Date Crash And Burn

@Xᴀɴ_Tʜɪᴘᴘʏ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:15

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Lᴀsʜ Oᴜᴛ] - [Aʟɪᴄᴇ Mᴇʀᴛᴏɴ]

     If you were able to create a chart of where Stiles' emotions had been over the course of the day, you'd have data all over the board. It turns out that your friend becoming a werewolf wasn't just a once-a-month type of problem. It's apparently even a problem at 7 am on a Monday.

     Stiles had woken up not to his alarm, but to several missed calls from Scott. All day had been spent on a rollercoaster as he and Devereaux tried to reassure Scott, and themselves. Did he kill Allison? Did he kill anyone at all? Was this werewolf thing out of control?

     Any hope of Stiles getting to stuff his face during lunch was squashed during chemistry, Scott was so high-strung that the rest of the day would be spent in crisis management. At least Dev would be there with him. They were currently engaged in an argument about whether or not Scott's dream actually happened. It didn't matter to them if he did or not, no matter what they personally believed. They couldn't blame him for something he couldn't control, and they weren't about to let him drown in guilt over this. So Stiles and Devereaux were determined to convince him that it was nothing more than a bad dream.

     "But dreams aren't memories," Stiles insisted, his latest attempt to put Scott's mind at ease.

     "They can be," Dev interrupted, "Our subconscious uses dreams to explore our memories. Oftentimes replaying the day and deciding what experiences are saved in short term versus long term memory. That's part of why it's so important to get a good night's sleep."

     Stiles gave him a bewildered glare, while Scott just pointed at Dev in agreement.

     "Dude," Stiles hissed, "Who the hell's side are you on?"

     Dev seemed to just realize how unhelpful what he'd said was, even if it was true. He turned to Scott with a sheepish smile.

     "Of course, this case isn't really an example of that,"

     "Then it wasn't a dream." Scott insisted, "Something happened last night, and I can't remember what."

     "It could've been a dream," Dev said, determined to make up for his mistake, "You're scared of losing control aren't you?"

     Scott nodded solemnly, this was all so new, barely two weeks ago this all felt impossible. And now not only were monsters real, he was one.

     "Then maybe this dream was an expression of that," Stiles said, picking up on the point Dev was trying to make. Scott shrugged noncommittally, causing Stiles and Dev to roll their eyes. They knew exactly who he was thinking about.

     "Just last week you were sure that Derek was the one who bit you, why do you want this dude's help so bad?" Dev huffed.

     "Yeah, what makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?" Stiles pressed.

     "Because during the full moon he wasn't changed," Scott said, shaking his head in his hands, "He was in total control while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy,"