17.) Allison Discovers A Talent For Motivational Speaking

@Xᴀɴ_Tʜɪᴘᴘʏ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:28

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Sʜᴇ Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ Sʟᴇᴇᴘ] - [Aɴᴛʜᴏɴʏ Aᴍᴏʀɪᴍ]

     Xan had opted to take the energy drink and see where the rest of the night went. So far it had been a torturous cycle of Jackson and Allison scoring points, Lydia pretending to suck at bowling, Scott actually sucking, and Ethan and Xan being miserable together. It was all very romantic.

     "Scott. You're thinking too much," Allison pleaded. Xan had to agree, though it seemed that Scott spent his life swinging between thinking too much or thinking too little. At least now he had Allison, who seemed willing to help talk him through his nerves. She stood beside him at the foul line, trying to hype him up before his next frame. Jackson and Lydia were already giggling in anticipation.

     "I know, I'm sorry," he sighed, "I'm ruining this,"

     "No, no, not at all," Allison said, vigorously shaking her head, "But... I wouldn't mind shutting them up, so just clear your head and think about something else"

     "Like what?"

     Xan couldn't hear what Allison suggested, as she had leant in close to whisper in Scott's ear. It had to have been something incredible, because Scott immediately rolled a strike, the first of his entire life. Xan and Allison let out cheers for Scott, while Lydia and Jackson stared blankly in shock.

     "What did you say to him?" Lydia asked incredulously. Xan would have been shocked if Scott had ever even gotten a spare, let alone a strike, so she wanted to hear what Allison had said. Maybe she could try selling it as an inspirational tape.

     "Uh, I just gave him something to think about," the brunette shrugged. The blushes painted on her and Scott's faces as they sat together gave Xan an idea about what Allison may have said. She appreciated that Allison hadn't elaborated, Lydia gave no consideration to Xan's innocence when it came to oversharing.

     Allison's power only became more astounding as the game went on, with Scott destroying every frame. Xan would've been angry that she'd been pushed to last place, if she weren't so shocked that he was winning in the first place.

     A better person may have taken the lead with grace and humility. Apparently Allison didn't feel like being that person today, as she took every chance to rub their points in Jackson's face. It would've been a dick move if it weren't completely justified.

     "That is seriously amazing," she gushed, "Jackson, uh, how many strikes is that?"

     "It's six. In a row,"

     "Something just clicked, I guess," Scott shrugged. Xan just couldn't believe that. She'd seen Stiles and Devereaux almost work themselves into tears trying to explain how to knock even a few pins down. Something bigger was going on here, she thought, squinting at the boy she'd known almost all her life.

     "Maybe it's natural talent," Allison suggested.

     "Or maybe Allison has some kind of magic voice," Xan offered. It wasn't too far from the realm of possibility, Allison was beautiful enough to be a daughter of Aphrodite. Maybe she had the gift of charmspeak like Drew did. Xan shook the thought away as she remembered Mrs. Argent and how similar they looked and acted, not to mention that if Allison was powerful enough to have charmspeak, then she would probably already know she was a demigod.