11.) The Hardy Boys Solve My Missing Persons Case

@Sᴛɪʟᴇs-Is-Tʜᴇ-Nɪɢʜᴛ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:37

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Oɴᴇ Wᴀʏ Oʀ Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ] - [Bʟᴏɴᴅɪᴇ]

     Devereaux was sure that he was having the worst day of his life. And he'd once seen his sister get chased across the country as one of the FBI's most wanted, before he knew about her real family. He'd barely slept the night before, unable to after chasing down Scott, and then Allison, and then Scott again. Stiles had finally caved to his whining at around 4am, and graciously allowed him to take a small break to sleep. The two boys passed out on his couch, before his alarm ripped them back onto the street at 10 o'clock. Dev had never hated Marimba more in his time in this cruel world.

     They'd found Scott at the edge of the preserve, shirtless but mostly unscathed. Besides the arrow wound, which didn't count because it was mostly healed by that point. Together they debriefed the traumatic events of their first full moon on their drive home. At least the next one would go easier, they'd all be more prepared. Surely Scott wouldn't pick anymore fights, now that he knew what he was.

     "You know the worst part?" Scott whined, cradling his arm.

     "Having to stay up all night chasing your werewolf friend?" Dev said coolly from the backseat. He wasn't totally over the argument from the night before. He had his buried in his phone, reading through spam emails so he could appear cool and disinterested. He flagged the better sales for later, so Pippa could help him pick out good clothes. He loved Stiles and Scott, but he actually cared about looking like he was thinking while he got dressed.

     "If you say Allison, I will punch you in the head," Stiles threatened. There were way more important consequences of being a werewolf than a stupid crush. He should know, he ran out on one of the longest private conversations he'd had with Pippa since she was discovered by Lydia Martin. Sure it sucked, but it was called priorities, and Scott needed to figure that out fast.

     "She probably hates me," Scott groaned, slouching into his seat as far as the seat belt would allow.

     "Relax," Dev assured, "It's easy to explain away." His hand lazily brushed in front of him, as if to demonstrate.

     "Or you could, you know... tell her and revel in the fact that you're a freaking awesome werewolf!"

     Dev leaned up between the seats, so that he and Scott level their matching unenthused faces at Stiles, who merely raised a hand in defense.

     "Fineee fine. Don't do that- you could always talk to Pippa and have her help to get Allison to forgive you." Stiles shrugged, turning to face the road again.

     Dev scoffed, settling back into the seat, "How about we don't use my sister to save your love life. It's your mess dude."

     "Wait, so Pippa's okay? You've seen her?" Scott questioned, brow furrowed as he remembered the way her scent kept bouncing across his path.

     "What do you mean? Why wouldn't she be?" Dev rushed out. His sister was obviously fine, unless Derek knew something he shouldn't. Unless he'd told Scott too. He eyed his friend suspiciously.

     Stiles' hands wrung nervously around the steering wheel as his eyes bounced between the road, Devereaux, and Scott. Maybe they should've dropped her off at home on their way last night.