10.) A Brief Morning Contemplation On Jumanji

@Xᴀɴ_Tʜɪᴘᴘʏ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Gᴏᴏᴅᴘᴀɪɴ] - [Yᴏᴋᴇ Lᴏʀᴇ]

"Wow, you are crazy dedicated to dental hygiene," Allison laughed, entering the bathroom. Xan jolted out of her haze, she'd been staring blankly into the mirror.

"Whuh?" she said, mouth full of toothpaste foam, which splattered out. Allison nearly giggled up a lung, bent over and gasping for breath. Ironic how Xan was the daughter of the literal sun god, and yet Allison was 10 times the morning person she could ever be.

Bending down to spit and rinse, she replaced the travel cap on her toothbrush and turned defensively to her friend, who was still struggling to suppress her mirth. "Sorry, I kinda zone out sometimes, there's something hypnotic to me about brushing my teeth,"

"I'm surprised you still have gums left dude," Allison said, reaching across Xan and beginning to brush the tangles out of her hair. "You had to have been brushing for almost ten minutes."

"Well, at least I'm minty fresh," Xan retorted, before breathing right in Allison's face, the two girls laughing as they chased each other around the small room, Allison shoving Xan's face away and Xan doubling her efforts to breath check her friend.

"Ugh," Allison said as they settled back in to get ready for the day, "I guess you're right. Doesn't mean I want your hot, germy, breath right on my face,"

"I think it's good for your pores," Xan shrugged, digging out her makeup bag, and getting to work. She had ten pound dark circles under her eyes. Like the before picture in an Ambien ad. Not to mention her scar, that Allison was polite enough to not bring up, though her eye lingered on it.

Xan never went out without makeup on it, but she also never went to sleep with it on. This interim period where her scar was ultra visible: pearlescent and puffy, almost rubbery next to the smooth skin of her cheek, had clearly ignited Allison's curiosity. Xan told herself it wasn't a big deal, and dabbed concealer across it, until it was the same color as the rest of her skin. It was still jagged and raised, but at least it was less noticeable.

Allison observed this strange ritual in the mirror, but only pursed her lips and remained silent. She'd ask Lydia about it later. Allison wrapped her hair into a bun, and watched as Xan tied the shirt she wore to sleep the night before around her waist, having swapped her leggings for jeans already.

"Camp Halfblood," Allison mused, "Is that nearby?"

"Huh? Oh no, it's in New York actually, Long Island Sound," Xan responded, suddenly finding her split ends very interesting. She needed to condition more, jeez.

Allison's eyebrows shot up her forehead, "Wow, that's a long way to go for a summer camp,"

"Yeah, uh, it's a family thing I guess," Xan deflected, hoping she wouldn't ask if Dev went, or why he didn't go, or any other specific questions. Making new friends was hard when you had to keep one half of your life completely secret.

"Does—"

"Allison! We're having breakfast, come downstairs so we can meet your lovely friend!"