21.) Amputation For Dummies

@Sᴛɪʟᴇs-Is-Tʜᴇ-Nɪɢʜᴛ

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:34

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

playιng: [Pʀᴇsᴜᴍᴀʙʟʏ Dᴇᴀᴅ Aʀᴍ (617 Sᴇssɪᴏɴs)] - [Sɪᴅɴᴇʏ Gɪsʜ]

     Any pretense of relaxation that the three animal clinic invaders had managed to form disappeared as soon as they managed to carry Derek into the examination room. He tore his shirt off, revealing a tribal-ish tattoo. Devereaux couldn't help but wonder what frat house he had gotten it in. Groaning, Derek rested his upper body against one of the exam tables, slumping down to look at his forearm.

     It looked even worse than before. The black veins that'd previously been hidden underneath the blood smeared on his skin now stretched down to his hand, and climbed upwards to his shoulders. Dev had to look away every few seconds to keep his stomach from turning. Derek was having some serious vascular issues, and what seemed to be a major case of blood poisoning.

     "Okay," Stiles said, bobbing around nervously on the other side of the table, "You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of,"

     "Is that how you pronounce that?" Dev asked, frowning. He took another quick peek at Derek's arm, quickly turning to read a poster about vaccine schedules. Now that Scott was a werewolf, would they have to get him a new round of shots just for animal diseases? They should look into getting his parvo vaccine before fall, better safe than sorry.

     Of course, getting Scott vaccinated would be easy, with all the goddamn unsafe medical supplies lying about, they could just help themselves. Dev was disappointed in Dr. Deaton, he had thought that he was a responsible adult.

     "When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me," Derek panted out, swaying on his feet with the force of his breathing. And probably from just a bit of blood loss. He started to half-heartedly look through the cabinets.

     "'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?"

     "Just because he doesn't use the word doesn't mean it's not in his vocabulary, I'm sure he knows what it means," Dev said, turning back toward the two, "Now, whether he's ever felt positive is a whole nother ball game,"

     "If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time- Last resort," Derek said, pulling open a drawer of medication. He pawed through it before slamming it closed again.

     "Which is?" Stiles asked, wanting to know exactly what he could do to end this nightmare situation. Derek finally found what he was looking for and held it up as he spoke.

     "You're gonna cut off my arm,"

      A fucking bonesaw. Dev couldn't believe it, this was their alternative? They turned down a demigod with legit magical healing spells— a real-life Rapunzel, for this?

     "I think that now is a good time to remind you all that I proposed a different solution, but only one of us voted against it,"

     "It's too late for that now, it's either the bullet or..."

     "Amputation," Dev said in a strangled voice, before looking around at the other two, "This is my first, what about you guys? Firsts all around? What a fun new experience for all of us,"