17

"Bill...do you know who I am?" Dipper asked slowly.

"Can't say that I do...honestly...I'm not even really sure I can remember anything..." Bill said

Dipper put aside all of his hatred for Bill at that moment, instead focusing on his hatred for Tad Strange. He could almost hear Tad's cruel laugh.

Ford came into the room.

"You don't remember anything?" Ford asked.

"No, that's strange. I mean...last thing I remember...well nope, there's nothing there. Just a blur. I don't even remember learning how to talk. I'm not even sure how I know to be honest." Bill said. He frowned again.

"Then how did you know to respond to your name when I asked you earlier?" Ford asked.

"Well, when he didn't respond I figured you might be talking to me." Bill said, gesturing to Dipper.

"Who are you guys anyway? And if it's ok, can you untie me from this table?" Bill asked.

Ford and Dipper exchanged a look.

"He's harmless like this. It's not like he knows how to use his powers, even if he still has them." Dipper said, "He can't leave the room anyway, what's the harm in untying him?"

"Fine." Ford said reluctantly. The two of them untied Bill's arms and legs.

"Thanks. You still didn't tell me your names though." Bill pointed out.

"My name is Ford. We used to work together...sort of..." Ford said. Bill smiled.

"Cool, not sure how I could have worked with you since I'm only 18 but I'm sure it makes sense somehow...wait how did I know my age..." Bill said.

"He seems to have basic knowledge of who he is as in a human sense, even if he doesn't understand it...fasincating." Ford said.

Bill turned to Dipper and looked at him expectantly.

Dipper realized Bill was waiting for him to introduce himself. Dipper wasn't sure what to say at first.

"Oh...I'm Dipper...we we're...I'm your best friend." Dipper managed.

Bill smiled.

"Well, good to know I had a best friend." Bill said, "Anyway, what happened to me? Why don't I remember anything?"

The worry on Bill's face became more evident.

"It's a long story..." Ford said, which didn't ease Bill's worry.

Dipper placed a hand on Bill's shoulder.

"They'll come back eventually...let me go get you some clean clothes to change into while Ford runs some tests to make sure you're healthy." Dipper said. Bill's expression eased, he smiled at Dipper.

"Alright, thanks best friend." Bill said, "I'll have to come up with a nickname for you...if I didn't already have one."

Dipper paused for a moment.

"Pinetree." Dipper said.

"What?" Bill said confused.

"You sometimes called me Pinetree. Or Mason Jar. Or Short Stuff, although that last one is a little insulting." Dipper said. Bill smiled.

"Alright. Thanks Pinetree." Bill said. A shiver went down Dipper's spine. Dipper offered a half smile back and went upstairs to his room to grab Bill some clothes.

He dug through his clothes and eventually found a hoodie Bill had given him, along with a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of boxers Dipper had never worn before.