12

*2 weeks later*

After the kiss, things only seemed to get better for Dipper.

Bill and Him had gone on a few dates, they hadn't made anything official, but Dipper thought they had gotten significantly closer.

Bill was over at the Mystery Shack every day after school now.

Although he wasn't over today, as it was Saturday.

He had told Dipper he had to stay home on Saturday, so he couldn't spend the night over at the shack for the weekend.

Dipper didn't have much to do when Bill wasn't around. He usually listened to audiobooks, or music, or sometimes just lay around and think about life.

He didn't want to admit it, but his only source of entertainment anymore was Bill.

Sure, he had Mabel, who took him to do stuff occasionally, but lately, she's been busy with her friends. And Dipper was pretty sure Pacifica and her were a thing now. The two of them seemed to be hanging out a lot and they were really close.

After sitting around for a while, bored out of his mind, he decided to text Bill.

Dipper: hey, you still busy today?

Bill: yeah, super busy. But I have a few minutes, what's up?

Dipper: just bored, Mabel is busy today so I'm on my own today.

Bill: that sucks, is Ford busy?

Dipper: idk, I guess I could see. just don't want to get up

Bill: don't be lazy, mason jar. Winky face

Dipper almost laughed out loud.

Rather than using emojis, as Dipper couldn't see them, Bill had taken to writing them out.

Technically Dipper could use the text to speech to know what the emojis are, but they weren't always what Bill was trying to convey. So he decided to write it out instead. Plus, in Bill's own words "Emoji's are lamer than Synthesized music" which confused Dipper but Bill didn't explain any further.

Dipper eventually decided to get up and go down to see Ford.

He had known the layout of the house well enough by now he didn't have any struggle getting down to the "secret" lab underneath the snack.

Dipper followed sound until he reached Ford.

"Oh, hello Dipper. What brings you down here?" Ford asked.

"Just bored," Dipper said, "And I wanted to see if I could help you with whatever you're working on."

"I was experimenting with possible cures for your condition," Ford said, "Did you know that in the early 1900s cocaine was considered a magic cure-all? It supposedly cured cancer, depression, blindness, mental illness, and a bunch of other stuff."

"I am not taking cocaine," Dipper said. Ford laughed.

"Of course not," Ford said, "Just thought it was an interesting fact."

"So...anything other than that?" Dipper asked.

"I mean, eye transplant. But the problem with that is that the chances of it working with the-"

"Yeah, I get it. Demon curse will probably affect any eyes I have. Mine, or anyone else's. We've been over this a few times Ford." Dipper said.

"So have you made any other progress?" Dipper asked. Ford shrugged, then remembered who it was that was present.