2

A week had gone by, nothing had really changed.

School was always the same. Most days Dipper had to have Ford, Stan, or Soos pick him up.

It was Monday now. Dipper had just settled into his first class, giving his voice recorder to his teacher to record today's lecture.

Dipper had zoned out, not paying attention to anything going on around him. He tended to do that a lot. He grabbed his phone and headphones, plugging in one earbud and turning on his music. The first song being Alone by Marshmello.

Halfway through the song, he heard the door open and close for the classroom.

Dipper turned his music down a bit to tune into what was going on for a second.

First Person POV (DIPPER)

"Oh, and before I tell you all about your projects I'd like to introduce a new student." The teacher said.

"I'd like you all to welcome William Picher." The teacher announced.

"Why don't you sit in the back by Mason. Mason, please raise your hand." The teacher called out. I slowly raised my hand.

I heard footsteps approach my desk.

From what I could tell about how quick and light his steps we're, he was taller, with longer legs. He was probably somewhat athletic or at least had an athletic build.

The chair next to me was pulled out as the new kid sat down next to me.

"Hi, I'm William." The kid said. His voice sounded vaguely familiar but I couldn't place it.

"Mason," I said. Offering my hand to shake in his general direction.

He took it and we shook.

I never really went by Dipper other than with family. It was easier to go by my birth name. Fewer people asked questions.

"You got lucky. Being back here means I'm your partner." I said.

"Why does that make me lucky? Are you one of those people who does all the work?" William asked. I rolled my non-seeing eyes.

"If there was any real work for me in the first place," I commented.

"Oh." He said, "So, what's this place like? I've never been to Gravity Falls before."

"It's...different. Although I'm not really the right person to ask." I said.

"How long have you lived here?" William asked.

"Four years. Or this would be four anyway. My Sister and I moved here in our freshman year." I said.

"What's there to do here?" William asked.

"I dunno. I don't leave the house often. I think the pool is still open." I said.

"Oh...sounds fun," William said.

There was a moment of silence between us.

"So...what is this project the teacher was talking about anyway," William asked. I shrugged.

"Dunno. I had my earbuds in." I admitted.

"Do you not listen to the teacher?" William asked. The confusion was evident in his voice.

How dense is this guy? I wondered.

"Nothing she says applies to me anyway. And if it does, I'll know later." I said.

"So how are we going to do the project?" William asked. I rolled my eyes again. Then I stuck my hand in the air.

I heard the teacher's footsteps approach my desk.

"Yes, Mason?" The teacher asked.

"What is my equivalent to the project? And William's?" I asked.

"Well...why don't you just listen to the recording when you go home. You can give a verbal report before class with just me if you want tomorrow morning." The teacher said.

"William can just watch everyone else's. Unless you need help with yours." The teacher added. I nodded.

"Okay," I said.

The teacher pressed the voice recorder into my hand.

"Here, class is out in seven minutes. You can go to your next one if you want." The teacher said. I put the recorder in my pocket.

"Thank you Miss Kyles," I said. I fumbled to grab my bag, before finding it.

"What's your next class?" I asked Willaim.

"Umm...English. With Mr. Hannon." He said. I nodded.

"Hey, Miss Kyles?" I called out. She had made it halfway to her desk when I called out for her. I could tell by how quickly it took for her to get back.

"William has the same next class as me. Can he help me to my next class?" I asked. I could almost feel the look of confusion William was probably giving me.

"Sure Mason." The teacher said, before walking away from my desk.

"Come on," I said, standing up. I heard him grab his stuff and stand up as well.

I made my way to the door, which was next to my desk, and walked out into the empty hall.

"How come you get to leave early? And why did you ask if you can bring me?" William asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno. I just remember being the new kid and no one wanted to be my friend. Figured I'd be nice. You seem cool." I said.

"Wow, thanks kid." William said.

"Kid? How do you know your not younger than me?" I asked? William laughed.

"Believe me, I'm not." He said. I decided to drop it.

"So, our next class should be this way." I said pointing down the hall, or vaguely in the general direction of where I thought it was.

We walked down the hall until we got to the classroom.

I went to grab the door handle but hit the wall. I silently cursed before finding the door and opening it.

"You need glasses." William joked.

"Glasses would not help." I said.

Mr. Hannon didn't have a class before second period, so his class was empty. Even he didn't show up until his class started.

I walked back until I got to my desk, lightly tapping the other desks as I passed, counting, to make sure I got to the right desk.

"You can sit next to me again. If you want. There isn't anyone next to me in any of my classes." I said. I heard him walk back to my desk and sit down.