13

Bill didn't like not being around Dipper.

But he needed to do some of his own research now.

He needed to find Tad Strange.

Bill knew that in his human form, his powers were weaker, so using any sort of tracking magic likely wouldn't go well.

Plus he wanted to conserve his magic as much as possible in case things went wrong with Tad.

He decided to just walk around town until he could feel the other demon's presence. Which likely meant Tad would know Bill was there as well, which meant Bill would lose his element of surprise.

Bill decided he wouldn't attack first though. He wanted to talk to Tad before going for a physical approach. Even if he wanted to beat his face in for torturing his Pinetree for all these years.

As Bill walked into a less populated area of town he began to feel something. He looked down a somewhat dark alleyway and saw a man staring there watching him.

The man looked like the most average person he had ever seen. Slick black hair, a buttoned down white shirt with a black tie and slacks.

He would have walked right by him if he hadn't felt power emanating from him. Bill glared at him, before walking down the alleyway towards him.

"Well well, if it isn't Bill Cipher, I thought you were supposed to be dead." The man said. He smiled at Bill, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Cast away the illusion Tad, I'd rather not speak with this disgusting average-looking meat sack you've been hiding in." Bill said. Tad chuckled before snapping his figures.

An aura of dim purple light surrounded him and almost in an instant, he was a different person.

The man who stood before him now had dark purple hair that went black at the tips, a cat-like slit for a puple in his dark purple eye, the other covered by a square shaped eye patch. His clothes changed into a black suit with a purple bow tie. A bowler hat floated a few inches above his head and in his left hand he held an umbrella with a hooked handle.

"There, happy now?" Tad said, "Are you going to drop your illusion too?"

"No, I'll stay as I am." Bill said. Tad smirked.

"By choice? Or is it that you can't?" Tad asked.

"Enough questions Strange. You're going to fix what you did to Pinetree." Bill spat.

"Who?" Tad said, ignoring Bill's glared and by examining his fingernails.

"Dipper. I know it was you!" Bill said angrily.

Tad then checked his other hand, taking his time before looking back at Bill.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tad said, a hint of teasing his voice.

"Yes you do. Undo you're curse." Bill said through gritted teeth.

"Curse? I think I'd remember cursing someone." Tad said. He looked off in the distance as if to think for a moment.

"Nope, nothing. Are you sure you have the right demon?" Tad asked. He walked around, twirling his umbrella on his finger.

"And even if I did do something to the Pines boy, what's it to you? Weren't you trying to kill their family not to long ago?" Tad asked.

"That doesn't matter anymore. Fix him." Bill said.

"Well, since you asked soooo nicely..." Tad began, "No."