18

Bill's face looked so nervous, until he noticed Dipper, that is. As soon as he noticed the brown-haired boy enter the room he seemed to relax a little, which didn't go unnoticed by Dipper or Ford.

Dipper offered Bill a smile which seemed to put him more at ease.

"Heya Pinetree." Bill said. It was still weird to hear Bill call him that, but for some reason he felt like Bill should call him that over Mason Jar. He wasn't sure what it was, but he decided to listen to it.

He walked up to Bill, handing him the clothes.

"Here, this hoodie was yours actually. You gave it to me a while ago, but it's one of the only things I have that might fit you." Dipper said. Bill took the clothes.

Ford, Mabel, and Dipper all left the room to let Bill change in privacy.

"I think it's best we keep you around him Dipper. He gets anxious when you aren't around." Ford said.

"I wonder why...." Dipper trailed off.

"You were the first person he saw when he woke up. And to hear that you are his best friend, he likely has some sort of magical connection to you, whether he is aware of it or not, that puts his mind at ease when you are present." Ford guessed.

"So, are we going to keep him down here?" Dipper asked. Ford shook his head.

"I don't see a point. He doesn't even have any magic, or any memory. He may unlock his memory, but he wouldn't have the power to much anything anyway." Ford said.

"Didn't you just say he had a magical connection to Dip?" Mabel asked.

"Yes, but he doesn't need the magic himself to have that. He likely forged the connection before he gave up his powers. He must have known on some level what he was giving up when he dealt with Tad Strange. My guess is that he made the connection to ensure he found Dipper again after he lost his power and memories." Ford said.

Dipper glanced back and noticed Bill had gotten changed and was waiting for them.

"So, where are we keeping him then?" Dipper asked.

"That depends on you actually. Since he's so relaxed around you, it would make sense to let him stay in your room, but if you aren't comfortable with that, he can stay down here." Ford said.

If Dipper was honest with himself, he wasn't sure what he wanted. But his protective nature took over.

"He can stay with me." He said. Ford nodded.

"You should head in there. I'm going to keep studying his labs. You can show him around the shack if you'd like." Ford said. Dipper nodded and went back into the room Bill was in.

Bill once again looked anxious, but it eased as soon as he entered the room.

"So...am I allowed to leave the room then?" Bill asked.

"Yeah, Ford is going to look at your labs, but he said I could show you around." Dipper said. He put his hands in his hoodie pockets them remembered the picture was in there. He pulled it out and handed it to Bill.

"Here, you took this one of the first times we hung out outside of school." Dipper said.

Bill took his, examining it with interest.

"So this is what I look like...man, I look good in yellow." Bill commented. Dipper cracked a smile.

"But why aren't you looking at the camera?" Bill asked.

"Oh...yeah I was, um...temporarily blind for a while. Only got my sight back recently." Dipper said.

"What happened?" Bill asked, "To make you temporarily blind that is."

"Well...it's a long story...basically someone didn't like me very much...so he kinda caused it." Dipper said. He didn't want to lie to Bill, but he couldn't exactly give him the full truth either.

"Huh, seems a little extreme to blind someone just because you don't like them. At least you got your sight back though." Bill said.

"You helped with that actually." Dipper said.

"Really? Glad I could help...just wish I could remember how..." Bill said.

"It's not important...come on, let me show you around." Dipper said.

Bill smiled and followed Dipper out of Ford's lab.

>>>>>>>
Bit of a short chapter but I wanted to get it out and figured that was as good a spot as any to leave it off.

Book should only have a few more chapters left

Is Bill going to get his memories back?

Is he never going to remember?

Will Dipper get his revenge on Tad Strange?

Will the author stop doing these annoying dramatic questions at the end of all of her chapter? (NEVER!)

Honestly...I never know where I'm going with a book until I write it, so we'll see.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Next chapter soonish.