7

The two boys pulled up to the small market in Gravity Falls, Bill informing Dipper of where they had gone.

Dipper hadn't known this store as well so he had asked Bill if he could hold onto him to keep from running into things. Bill offered Dipper his arm.

"So, what kind of energy drink do you like?" Bill asked as they walked down the energy drink aisle.

"I don't know, Mabel just picks one for me, I never see it. What are my options?" Dipper asked.

"Well, there's Redbull, Monster, Bang, Wired, Rockstar," Bill said. He was going to name more that he saw on the shelf but Dipper cut him off.

"I was thinking along the lines of flavor. What flavors do they have?" He asked.

"Oh, let's see. For Redbull, they have the red one, the blue one, the yellow one, the-" Dipper cut Bill off again, this time by hitting him.

Dipper slowly walked up to the shelf, his right hand outstretched. He grabbed the first one he came into contact with, which was the yellow Redbull. Bill grabbed the same one, as he had never had an energy drink before. And it was yellow. Bill liked yellow.

They also went to grab snacks. Dipper grabbed a bag of Doritos and Bill grabbed a bag of Salt & Vinegar chips, Bill being one of the few people in existence who actually liked those chips.

The two boys went to pay, Dipper offering to pay for both of them.

Once they got back to Bill's truck the two boys got in.

"Man, I don't really want to go back to the shack right away." Dipper said, "Ford is going to go all protective uncle on me because I left the house without telling him."

"Well, we could park my truck somewhere and sit in the back and eat our snacks. Give him a real reason to go all protective uncle on you." Bill offered. Dipper smiled, which in turn made Bill smile.

"Let's do it," Dipper said.

Bill and Dipper laughed and Bill turned on the car, trying to find somewhere where they wouldn't be bugged by anyone.

Bill eventually found a nice spot overlooking an empty field. He parked and turned off the car, grabbing a blanket and a couple pillows out of the back seat and putting them in the back of the truck bed. The two boys climbed into the truck bed and leaned against the back window of the truck, opening their chips and Red Bulls.

"So, tell me more about this demon thing," Bill said.

"If you don't mind, that is." Bill quickly added.

Dipper's smile faded.

"Oh." He said, "Yeah. I can tell you...I just...I haven't really talked about him too much since he took my sight."

"You don't have to..." Bill said but Dipper shook hid head.

"It's fine. I promise." Dipper said, "Where do I start?"

"Well...I guess my first encounter was...well it's kind of complicated...basically, I followed him into my Grunkle's mind to stop him from stealing something important. My sister and I stopped him. And then he stole my body..." Dipper paused for a moment, trying to block out the wave of memories that came to him when he mentioned Bill Cipher taking his body. He didn't want to admit it but he still had nightmares about what Bill could have done with his body.

"And...eventually...he created a rift between our world and his, completely destroying Gravity Falls. He captured both my sister and I. Imprisoning my sister in a fantasy world she couldn't escape." Dipper said.

"And me...he...he made me feel sorry for him. He kept me in his palace and told me about his dimension...his life. And I actually felt bad for him. I even thought I could help him. I was such a fool. I should have known he was just using me so the zodiac wouldn't work. My Great Uncle Ford had a plan to stop him...using a prophecy he discovered and the zodiac wheel... each part of the wheel had a symbol that corresponded with someone in the room. Mine was the Pine Tree symbol on my hat." Dipper said, taking off his hat to show Bill.

He set the hat aside.

"But when the time came...I refused. I felt like there was a way to talk Bill Cipher out of destroying our world. All because that bastard made me feel bad for him. Turns out Bill was just using me and he almost killed my friends in the process. When the zodiac didn't work we had to take more drastic measures. Which included erasing Stan's memories. And me losing my sight" Dipper finished.

Neither of the boys spoke for a few moments. The wind blew lightly, making Dipper's bangs move so Bill could see his birthmark peak out from under his hair.

"Did...did he get his memories back?" Bill finally asked, he had been genuinely curious, as he hadn't been sure whether or not Stan had actually gotten them back. He was assuming he had, as Bill had come back, so why wouldn't Stan's memories come back too?

"Yeah. It didn't take long. We managed to jog his memories with Mabel's scrapbook. Which makes me wonder..." Dipper trailed off.

"Wonder what?" Bill asked.

"If his memories came back. Shouldn't that mean Bill came back too." Dipper said.

"I don't know..." Bill said after a few moments. Bill hoped he wouldn't put two and two together. He was afraid of what the blind kid might do if he found out who he was. Bill didn't want to admit it but he had started to grow fond of the blind kid. Of course, he would never say it.

Dipper sighed and took a drink of his Red Bull.

"I don't know either." He finally said, "But if he ever comes back...I'm going to make sure he knows just how much I hate him. And just how much I've suffered because of him."