Ending 2

Like I said in ending 1, I'm not going to say which ending is good or bad, Please don't spoil it in the comments. I'll be deleting all comments that spoil it at the beginning of the chapter.

Dipper took a deep breath.

The question Bill had asked echoed in Dipper's mind.

It was a big choice after all.

To keep the demon powers or to get rid of them.

He could see why they would be beneficial, Bill did promise to teach him how to control them.

Even if he had lost control earlier he was fairly sure he could keep them under control with Bill's guidence.

Dipper knew what to do.

"No." He responded after a moment of thought.

Ford sighed with relief.

"Alright Dipper, step into the machine." Ford said.

Bill gave Dipper's hand a supportive squeeze, and smiled at him.

"If it starts to hurt too much just tell us, we'll get you out." Bill said. Dipper nodded and let go of Bill's hand, stepping towards the machine.

Slowly stepping into the chamber, he noticed Ford hadn't closed the door behind him.

He assumed Ford wanted him to close it, as a way for Ford to know that Dipper was agreeing to be rid of the demon powers.

Dipper grabbed the bar to the door and glanced at Ford, who nodded.

Dipper closed the door, closing him into the machine.

At first, nothing happened. Dipper wondering if the machine had broken.

Then the chamber began to fill with a bright light. Dipper wanted to close his eyes, to look away, but he felt as though he should keep them open, to look directly into what was to remove the demon powers latched to him.

Dipper felt a tingling sensation covering his skin, like his whole body had fallen asleep and now he was dealing with the pins-and-needles feeling that came after. The feeling only increased as the agonizingly long seconds dragged by, going from a tingling sensation to what seemed more like a stabbing sensation. Dipper did his best to keep going, to hold on for his families sake. He knew they wouldn't like it if he kept his powers. He just needed to keep going a little bit longer, then this nightmare would all be over.

Dipper felt like it was so much longer than it had been for Bill and Waddles.

Dipper wondered how long it had actually been. Five minutes? Ten?

It felt like forever.

Dipper finally felt a calm sensation wash over him. The light began to dim, though the light had made it hard for him to see, he knew it was only temporary.

The chamber opened and Dipper felt like collapsing. Luckily, Bill was there for him, guiding him out of the machine and into a chair.

"How do you feel Pinetree?" Bill asked.

"Not sure...it hurt, a lot." Dipper admitted.

"I told you to tell us if it started to hurt too much." Bill said.

"You said if it was too much to bear. I knew I couldn't leave until the process was done." Dipper said, "How long was I in there?"

"About three minutes." Ford said. He pulled out another device and began scanning Dipper.

"I think it worked. I'm not picking up any demon magic." Ford said.

Dipper offered Bill an exhausted half smile.