22 | A Big, Warm Cup Of Tea

22| A BIG, WARM CUP OF TEA

It had been a long Monday. The students had gotten over with the last lesson of the day only minutes earlier and were now milling about the school, either completing the freshly given homework or entertaining themselves with endless possibilities of what the word 'fun' meant to each of them. To the fourth-year Slytherin boys, it meant barging into the corresponding girl's dormitory and wrecking it.

Lounging on her bed with emerald sheets neatly folded, Gemini was peacefully occupied with Gulliver Pokeby's 'Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried' when the door opened with such a slam that she nearly jumped. Nearly. Then came in Draco and the rest of the boys, like a bunch of hoodlums trying very hard to act as if they owned the place.

"You know, I need to ask — can you knock?"

The boys stopped in the doorway and looked at Daphne, who had spoken. It was Draco who responded with an unconcerned shrug, "We choose not to, Daph."

"I could've been indecent."

The boys all exchanged glances.

Daphne's mouth fell open, "Unbelievable!"

"Come on," Gemini then started with a wicked look, "I think we all know Pansy wouldn't mind being caught looking 'indecent' by a certain — mmph!"

Daphne very suddenly and suspiciously slapped her hand on Gemini's mouth, muffling her laugh. Pansy could be found blushing very hard with the deepest of scowls on her face.

And then there was Draco.

"Wait — Pans, you like someone?" he blinked.

Gemini cackled harder.

Pansy stuttered and shot a furious glance at Gemini, who was clutching her stomach so tight in her fit of amusement that she was losing her tussle against Daphne with every passing minute due to loss of air.

Blaise, deciding to steer clear of that conversation, pushed Draco out of his way and moved to Daphne's bed as she finally let go of a smirking Gemini after whispering to her a warning that would only be taken as future encouragement. They both sat down with their backs against the headboard and cushions in their laps and started discussing something in soft voices. Draco, meanwhile, shot Pansy a glance before he jumped on her bed and sat down cross-legged with her sheets pulled up to his shoulders. Theodore joined him and they quickly engaged in an intense game of exploding snap. Crabbe and Goyle went to cheer them on.

Gemini quickly lost her amiable mood in this ruckus.

She tried her hardest to drown everyone out, but Pansy kept shrieking about something or the other as she and Tracey went over decorating and redecorating Pansy's uniform, which she considered a personal offense to her wardrobe. Millicent was sat on the floor beside them, munching on chocolate frogs as the two blissfully decided to not acknowledge her. Not that it mattered in the least to her, somehow.