15 | As The Sunlit Parts Of The Sea

15| AS THE SUNLIT PARTS OF THE SEA

"This is it, Freddie," George said in a ceremoniously sincere tone. "this is the moment. The one moment we've been waiting for all our life. The one moment when we'll prove our might to the world. When the sun shines on tomorrow's horizon, it will be the rise of a new era — tonight, Freddie — tonight we seek vengeance!"

Fred nodded with a look of fierce determination. "Vengeance," he repeated. "Vengeance is sweet."

They stood like that for a while, gazing past each other's shoulders, throwing spunk looks at the cold stone walls around them and sucking in heavy breaths, smouldering with passion.

Then George opened his mouth. "Did I do well?" he asked Fred with unhinged enthusiasm.

"Inspirational." Fred wiped a fake tear from his eye. "Wood should have let you give the speeches more often."

George waved one hand and put the other over his chest as he replied in a humble, flattered sort-of voice, "Oh no, you're too kind, good sir."

Fred sniggered at his overly girlish moves. Another two minutes of silence followed.

Fred sighed in the end, breaking the bleak silence. "Came up with anything yet?"

"No," groaned George, "but what's the point if we can't even locate it? All I can see are these stupid walls."

Fred agreed.

The two of them had been down in the dungeons for almost half an hour now — enunciating senseless words to the air and trying to find the entrance to the Slytherin common room to implement their newly hatched plan. But they couldn't for the life of them figure out the password to the Slytherin common room. Hell, they didn't even know whether a password was required.... what if they had to solve a riddle like in the case of the Ravenclaw common room? Or tickle a pear, like they had to for the kitchens? What if they had to tickle a sleeping dragon?

Fred narrated the idea to George and sent them both into a sniggering fit. When they were done, they scratched their heads, thinking deeply.

"What does Snape like?" George said suddenly.

"I dunno, sunflowers?" guessed Fred.

"Yeah, because Snape would wear sunflowers in his hair," said George sarcastically.

"Aha! Hair grease!" Fred snapped his fingers, his face lighting up.

"I'd go with potions, to be honest." George laughed.

"Oh, that could work too."

"So which potion will it be —?" George started mysteriously, "Weedosoros potion or Wit-Sharpening potion? Skele-grow or Sleeping Draught? Fergus Fungal Budge or Fungiface —"

The sound of stone rubbing against stone interrupted them, echoing around, and they quickly cast the disillusionment charm on themselves, pressing their backs against a wall.