24 | The Chase Of Skeeter And The Skrewt

24| THE CHASE OF SKEETER AND THE SKREWT

December rolled around at last, bringing with it chilly winds, dark skies, and lots of sleet. It perfectly reflected the cool attitude between Gemini and the rest of the Slytherins ever since the First Task. Draco would throw an obnoxious remark her way nearly every time he passed her and even Blaise was giving her the cold shoulder. Although she knew that he was taking the whole situation as more of a break than anything. Nonetheless, Gemini was thoroughly enjoying her time alone. There was no one to interfere in her business or prattle on in her ear and that was a greater relief than words could express.

On one of those frigid December mornings, she found herself in front of Hagrid's hut earlier than usual for her Care of Magical Creatures lesson. All because there was no Draco hovering around her with his delaying dramatics.

Unfortunately, she wasn't alone for long.

Now what really made the situation awkward were the very people who arrived right after she did — Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.

"I see you're here."

Gemini clenched her jaw. "Weasley, how hard is it for you to just ignore me? You have your best friend back, go talk to him." she smiled at him sarcastically.

"Who said I want to talk to you?"

"You are now."

Ron rolled his eyes and looked away.

"There comes my demise," she then said in a sense of droll self-mockery as she saw the rest of the students coming.

"Ah, Gemini! I thought you'd be here!" Draco instantly greeted her, noticing that Hagrid wasn't around. "And look! So is your new hero — Potter!"

A blush rose to Harry's cheeks. The Gryffindors started whispering.

"Have your quill with you?" he continued with a smirk, "I bet you'd want an autograph... he might even give you a kiss if you're lucky enough —"

A terrible, terrible heat spread into every single cell of Harry's face. There were hoots of amusement all around. All of Draco's and Pansy's gang members were having a great time.

"Funny you should say that," Gemini started coolly, having tolerated enough, "I thought that was your plan with Krum for today. Especially with how you've been drooling all over him ever since he came here, I'm surprised you two are not snogging in a broom closet by now."

The Gryffindors broke into laughter. One of the few, or perhaps the only benefit of having a lesson with the Slytherins was Gemini. She was the most unusual person; one could never tell whether she was with her house members or against them. But one thing which was clear to everyone but Ron Weasley was that she really disliked Draco. Sure, they would sometimes talk civilly and crack a couple of jokes, but there was a great gap between them that was hard to fill.