14 | Not All Need An Enchantment To Be Enchanted

14| NOT ALL NEED AN ENCHANTMENT TO BE ENCHANTED

"It's Krum! Gemini!"

Gemini put her face in her hands.

It had been less than a minute since they'd settled down on the Slytherin table for dinner and Draco was already obsessing over Viktor Krum. He kept shooting clandestine eager looks at Krum — who, along with his fellow Durmstrang companions, was still standing, apparently unsure of where to sit. Draco was hoping precariously that he would join the Slytherins.

All Gemini knew of him was that he was a famous Quidditch player. That too, she had found out only this summer at the World Cup. As such, she was most uninterested in the rather grim-looking celebrity.

Yet, while her eyes were locked on her reflection in her shining golden plate, most of the delegates were looking at her. The Durmstrang students walked over to their table; the Beauxbatons students were already seated at the Ravenclaw table.

"They're coming here!" Draco whispered to her. He was sitting right in front of her, his face towards the Durmstrang students while Gemini had her back to them.

"Gee, I didn't have a clue," Gemini said monotonously, removing her hands from her face and placing her chin on one palm now.

Crabbe and Goyle, who were sitting on Draco's other side wore expressions a mixture of smug and thrilled as Krum sat down beside Gemini. The other Durmstrang students sat closely around him as the Slytherins avidly made space for them.

Gemini didn't even glance up at Krum, while Draco leaned forward and introduced himself with a smirk.

"Viktor Krum," Krum grunted back in a thick accent. He pulled off his heavy fur coat to reveal robes of a deep blood red, and his companions followed his lead.

Unlike Daphne and Pansy, who were waiting for Krum to notice them, Gemini was facing away from him, looking at Dumbledore instead, who was entering the hall at last along with the staff, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime. When their headmistress appeared, the pupils from Beauxbatons leapt to their feet. A few of the Hogwarts students, including Draco, laughed.

The Beauxbatons party appeared quite unembarrassed, however, and did not resume their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down on Dumbledore's left-hand side.

"Don't laugh at them," Gemini told Draco. "they're well-mannered. It's part of their culture. Something you should learn from, might I add."

The Durmstrang students seemed to find this amusing, considering Gemini hadn't said a word since they'd joined the Slytherins and they had been inquisitive to see what she was like.

Draco shot her a glare.

"You always do that, don't you?" Blaise smirked from her other side, impassively twirling a lock of her hair.