03 | Encounters Through Delinquents

03| ENCOUNTERS THROUGH DELINQUENTS

Gemini strolled between camps and people, all of whom glanced her way at least once. Most stared. But Gemini could care less; in fact, she liked the attention to some extent.

She was a powerful presence amongst Muggles and wizards alike, and it was much more than her beauty that dominated over them.

She was a mystery to them, which made it hard for people to snatch their eyes away from her. This did not help the smirk that was relentlessly tugging at the corner of her mouth. Her eyes were filled with conceit, and her movements were naturally graceful. While she trailed aimlessly through the crowds, Twig chose to hop between the grass blades and wander beside her.

He was more than content in his natural habitat — he was ecstatic.

Gemini looked down to make sure he was around and sniggered at the figure of two leaves bobbing up and down, weaving between and circling around her feet. This was mainly the reason she had brought him with her, even if she carried him along almost all the time. She knew he had been yearning to be in a familiar environment for a long time. He needed fresh air, and so did she.

Going to the Quidditch World Cup hadn't been a random decision. Gemini longed to escape the confinement of her house and Twig was the only one who could empathize with her.

Fizzy would often go out for getting essentials, and Galleon was his own master, quite like herself. He couldn't bear to stay in one place, he had to always run around and look for treasure. Several times, he had tagged along with Gemini when she went out to tour places using the Knight Bus. He was a perfect nuisance, always running into stores and trying to steal shining, shimmering things.

It was precisely why she hadn't allowed him to come this time. Merlin knew how much trouble she would get into if he was seen; especially with all his spangles and jewels.

Even so, she adored Galleon and missed him dearly already. It really was a shame to lock him up in a cage. He could be such good entertainment. An excellent example of this was the mock concerts she, Twig and Galleon would have. They would go absolutely crazy while singing along to the records and Fizzy would go hide somewhere to escape the madness.

Galleon was the most active participant in those events. Merlin knew, he had a pair of sunglasses he had grabbed off some Muggle and wore with his glitters and a small golden crown Gemini had gotten crafted especially for him. Twig was content with the flowers Fizzy would exclusively pluck for him, and Gemini wore the most ridiculous outfits she had made out of some of her dresses to fit in with her fellow singers.

A ludicrous image of Glittery Galleon danced into her thoughts and she shook her head as if to shake the thought out of her head. She was certain that people would think she was a nutter if she started laughing out of the blue.