17 | That Time Potter Was Unlucky [Again]

17| THAT TIME POTTER WAS UNLUCKY [AGAIN]

The second Gemini stepped into the castle, she was met with wolf whistles from several boys. She shook her head, unabashedly sweeping past them as she fixed her tie.

"Looking good, Delmar!" one shouted.

"Stuff it, McLaggen!" she returned without looking, unrolling her sleeves now. Gemini buttoned her sleeves and brought one of her wrists up to her nose, sniffing it. "Horse odour," she scrunched her nose up.

She used a charm to wash away the scent and made a quick trip to her dormitory to apply some perfume. Twig bathed himself under the tap meanwhile and when he was done, he rolled himself on Gemini's softest, furry towel that smelled strongly of her before climbing under her collar.

"Now what's left — ah of course —" Gemini looked at her hair contemplatively before she took off the charm, making it return to its usual ebony colour.

"GEMINI —" someone slammed the door open.

"What on earth —" she looked towards the door. "Draco?"

The blond boy rushed at her. "You're going to get late! Come on! Come on!" He took her by the arm and started pulling her along with him, out of the dorm and out of the common room.

"Wait — slow down!" she protested incredulously.

"No, no! There's no time to waste!" he exclaimed frantically. "You can't miss this! It's the champions' selection!"

"Draco, you'll get us in detention," she argued.

"Who cares, you've got detention anyway —"

"Hey!"

"— and detention is better than missing one of the most historical events. Bet you we'll have another good feast today, and there are lots of decorations in the Great Hall, and — wait — your hair is open!"

"What an astute observation, junior detective," she snarked as they stumbled into the Great Hall, courtesy of Draco.

"Oh, Blaise is going to love this!" he replied, giving her a broad, toothy grin.

"He's not," She pulled her arm from his grasp and muttered a quick spell that tied up her hair.

"No!" he whined, stretching the word out. "Why would you do that?"

Gemini opted for silent ignorance and went over to the Slytherin table where she seated herself in one of the only two empty spots left, between Krum and Theodore. Draco slumped down beside her.

"I swear, you are the bane of my existence." she huffed at him.

"It's her way of telling me she loves me," Draco told Krum, who let out a laugh.

"It does not look like it," he said.

"Yeah, she's like that." Draco waved off the matter. "Very moody. Oh! That reminds me — I was wondering if you could answer this question, Gemini..."