10 | Why Mismatched Eyes Are Useful

10| WHY MISMATCHED EYES ARE USEFUL

The long-awaited double Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson arrived at long last on Thursday morning. The Slytherins were all eager to see what Professor Moody had in store for them, all except for Draco Malfoy, who was reminded every single day of his humiliating experience as a ferret by none other than Gemini Delmar. It was what she and Draco were discussing as the Slytherins rushed to the DADA classroom.

"Do it," Gemini poked Draco.

"Shut up, Gemini." he scowled.

"But you made such a beautiful ferret!" she exclaimed loud enough for the surrounding population to hear as she threw her arms out exaggeratedly. Draco flipped his silky blond hair arrogantly when she called him beautiful. "It's a pity you make such a detestable human," she grinned cheekily.

"You really know how to provoke people, don't you?" he glared at her.

Gemini placed a hand on his shoulder and looked at him with a very convincing grave expression. "The truth is like a nettle sting, Mr. Malfoy." she enunciated.

"You're going to fall if you keep walking like that." Blaise interrupted.

Gemini had been walking backward, not looking behind her even once. Astonishingly, she hadn't met with any accident yet; not even a minor slip or collision with any student who was cutting through the corridor. "Watch me," Gemini smirked at Blaise.

"I am," he responded sincerely.

"When aren't you?" Daphne spoke from the back of their little crowd.

"Probably when she's sleeping," Tracey suggested.

"Or is he?" Theodore spoke up. Everyone looked at him surprised; he hardly ever participated in their conversations.

"Oh, ha-ha, Nott!" said Gemini, sarcasm lacing her melodic voice.

"Don't bother Delmar, you know he'd do it in a heartbeat if he got the chance," said Theodore. Gemini raised an eyebrow at him and then turned to Blaise with the same expression.

"Well, you did look quite attractive in your nightwear...." started Blaise. Draco wolf-whistled loudly as the others hooted. "But no —" Blaise said a little louder. "I'm not the type to stoop to that level."

"And when did you see Delmar in her nightwear?" Theodore prodded.

"Tuesday morning," Gemini rolled her eyes, speaking before Blaise could. Everyone stared, looking amused. "What? Did you expect me to blush and giggle?" she asked them.

"Yes and no," Draco answered, looking amused.

"You people are so stereotypical," she clucked as they arrived at their destination.

"Never walk like that in the corridors, Miss Delmar." said a gruff voice from behind her, right before Gemini spun around and blocked a beam of bright white light which had been shot straight at her. The others looked startled at this turn of events.