01 | Hunt For A Portkey

01| HUNT FOR A PORTKEY

"Twig, stop tickling me."

He giggled.

"Twig, stop it!" she whispered. He brushed his thin, green arms against her ear again, making her twitch. "Honestly, it was a bad idea to put you there. Fiz, help me."

"He doesn't listen to anyone but you, Miss." replied the house elf, and she heaved an agitated sigh.

"Twig, should I send you back with Fizzy? She'll lock you up, just like Galleon." she threatened the bowtruckle. Twig shook his head rapidly and silently clutched the edge of her ear closer, receding to the position where he had originally been placed; behind her ear. He closed his teeny-tiny black eyes and curled his leaves and limbs so that he looked like a piece of ear ornament. 

"That's better," she said, feeling the movement of his arms on her sensitive skin. "How much further, Fiz? Honestly, sneaking around in broad daylight is awfully difficult. Couldn't they have settled somewhere closer to a Portkey?"

"Complaining won't solve the problem, Miss," Fizzy said wisely. Twig nodded his little head in agreement. "We're nearly there. Just another alley, and then I'll leave you. Remember, the Portkey is a —"

"A punctured football, yes, I know. Black and white in colour, hexagonal patterns..."

"Correct," said Fizzy and tip-toed ahead, her black shoes clicking softly against the concrete. She wore a very pretty cotton dress which was light yellow in colour and didn't blend in with the shadows at all. But Fizzy couldn't bring herself to wear another dress; it was her favourite.

After much travelling in the dark parts of the streets, the queer-looking trio, at last, arrived at the end of the alleyway. Fizzy peeked round the corner, and upon observing that the street was clear, reported, "It's safe, Miss, and the Portkey is right there."

"Splendid," replied the girl, fidgeting with the little box in the pocket of the new denim shorts she was wearing. She turned to Fizzy, grunting under the weight of the huge bag the circumstances had compelled her to carry, "So you'll be leaving now?"

"Yes, Miss." smiled Fizzy, "Have a safe journey."

"Thanks, Fiz. And have some fun while I'm gone, why don't you? Go visit Dobby and the other elves. You can teach him your special recipe, and maybe he can come over and help you bake it for me sometime." she grinned. Fizzy's smile brightened, and she bobbed her head up and down vigorously. "Now, now, that's good as long as you take care of Galleon. Merlin knows what he'll get up to while I'm away..." She ran a hand worriedly through her hair.

"Let's hope he doesn't try to steal the sword again, you know how she gets when he messes with that kind of stuff. The woman loathes him already, I don't require her to go on a rampage." Adding under her breath (an 'impropriety' she had been told), "Given her history..."