Stupid Eyeliner and Dumb Bass Players

all author notes will be at the end of chapters.

- set in a highschool au -
___________________________

"Look at his stupid eyeliner," Mikey pointed out as Pete Wentz passed his lunch table. "I mean, why does he even wear it?"

"Mikey, you wear eyeliner sometimes," Ray Toro stated as he took a bite of his sandwich. Ray was used to Mikey's babbling about the popular Pete Wentz. His hair, his eyes, his "stupid" eyeliner, his walk, the way Pete was always flirting with everyone. Everyone but Mikey.

"That's not the point," Mikey grumbled as he went back to eating his lunch. It'd be a lot easier to insult the popular boy if Mikey didn't actually have feelings for him.

Ever since Mikey got into highschool, ever since Freshman year, Mikey had seen the older boy in his homeroom and his stomach had flipped. It wasn't like he hadn't seen other boys that had dark hair and wore Converse, it was just the fact that Pete Wentz had something they didn't.

And that's why Mikey Way wanted to hate him. Gerard, Mikey's older brother, has assured him that his feelings about Pete were fine. Hell, Mikey knew that Gerard had no problem with it, considering that he himself was screwing and seeing Mikey's friend, Frank.

But Mikey couldn't get over the fact that everytime that boy passed him, he felt like some idiotic teenage girl at a boy band concert.

"Finish you lunch or you're going to starve, dumbass," Frank Iero said, sitting beside Mikey. Mikey rolled his eyes, taking a drink of his bottled water.

"And where have you been, dumbass?" Mikey asked, nudging Frank's side. Frank blushed, color coming into his usually-pale cheeks.

"Uh, um, homework. Sudy Hall. Gotta get ahead," Frank said, taking a bite of his apple that he'd pulled out of his pocket. Mikey smirked, noticing his older brother walked into the cafeteria, his black hair sticking to his neck and his cheeks flushed with color.

Mikey had taken it as a little shock when Gerard and Frank said that they were seeing each other, but considering the looks they gave each other in the one class they shared: biology, it didn't knock anyone off too much. Ray had just laughed at the fact that Frank didn't think anybody knew.

"Hey, shit faces," Gerard said, sitting down by Ray, taking his bag of chips in the process. Ray tried to argue, but knew it was useless. "Anything new happening? Has Mikey finally proclaimed his undying love for Pete Wentz yet?"

Mikey choked on his water. "Shut up Gerard!" he said, throwing a peach pit at his brother's face.

"Plus, it's not not like you and Frank were screwing in the locker room a few minutes ago, huh?" Mikey said, hoping to make his brother mad. Frank hit his arm, telling him to shut up. Gerard smirked.

"Ah, you make it sound like that's a bad thing," Gerard said, popping a chip into his mouth. "I'm sure Frankie can assure you that it wasn't a bad thing."

Frank groaned, burying his head into his hands. Ray laughed. Mikey grimaced at his brother.

"You're an asshole."

"You're this asshole's brother," Gerard reminded him.

- - -

"You..uh..want me to teach you?" Mikey scratched the back of his head as he stood in front of the one and only Pete Wentz. Pete laughed.

"Yeah, your brother...Gerard? Anyways, he told me that you know how to play bass, so I was wondering if you could help me on it. I know some of the chords and shit like that, but I stll need some fine-tuning, you know?"

"Um yeah, yeah, I can do that. I can do that. I, uh, don't have any homework tonight so I can help tonight. I mean, if you want." Mikey knew how he was stupidly stumbling over words. He was also probably blushing like hell right now, too.

"Sure, but can I come to your place? Mine's a mess and my mom thinks I'm gonna screw everything that walks into my room," Pete explained, handing Mikey a slip of paper. "Here's my number. You can text me your address and what time I can come."

Peter started to walk out the school doors, but stopped to turn around to Mikey once again.

"You know, you're pretty cute, Way."

An with that, he walked out the doors, leaving Mikey to stand there, completely amazed and giddy that Pete Wentz - Pete Wentz - called him cute.

"What's in your hand?" Frank asked, coming up beside Mikey. Mikey turned and looked at him.

"'I'm gonna teach Pete Wentz how to play the bass. Pete Wentz is coming to my house tonight."

Frank looked at the wide-eyed boy and the paper in his hand. Frank smirked. "More like coming at your house tonight," he chuckled. Mikey slapped Frank's arm, following him to Frank's beat up Chevy. Ray and Gerard were already in the car, Gerard riding shotgun. Again.

"Stop getting in the front all of the time," Mikey complained, squeezing beside Ray in the back seat. Frank laughed as he sat down in the driver's seat. He started the car, pulling out of the highschool parking lot.

"So...did you happen to talk to Pete at all today?" Gerard said, looking back at his younger brother. Mikey scowled.

"Yes, I did. And now I'm teaching Pete Wentz how to play the bass so he can become some really good, but dumb bass player and he's coming over tonight - and please don't make a sexual innuendo - and Pete Wentz is going to learn how to play the bass because of me and I love it and hate it, Gee."

This whole string of words came out like a run-on sentence, Mikey not even stopping for air. Gerard knew how much Mikey actually wanted to teach Pete the bass. Plus, he knew it was serious because Mikey barely ever called his brother "Gee", the nickname that had stuck somewhere in the senior's lifetime. Probably because of Frank.

- - -

"Hi, Mrs. Way," Ray and Frank greeted Mikey and Gerard's mother as they walked into the Way home. Gerard had his arm around Frank's shoulders, Ray was complimenting Mrs. Way's cooking, and Mikey was having a mental breakdown.

"Honey are you okay?" Mrs. Way said, seeing her son in the living room, tapping is fingers nervously on his legs. Gerard laughed, him and Frank sitting down beside Mikey.

"He's just nervous about his boyfriend coming over tonight, Mom," Gerard said to his mother. Mikey looked up at the two of them.

"He's...he's NOT my boyfriend, Gerard! I'm just teahing him to play bass, Mom, don't worry," Mikey protested. Mrs. Way chuckled.

"Okay, honey, just make sure to use protection. The Lord is watching."

Mikey watched as his mother walked back into the kitchen, wide-eyed. Ray held in a laugh and Frank giggled, leaning against a smirking Gerard.

"Why does everyone think I'm gonna have sex with Pete Wentz?" Mikey grumbled, rubbing his forehead.

Frank giggled. "Because you most likely are."

_________________________________________________________________________________

thERE YOU GO. like my other story, this one might have slow updates beause i don't own my own computer. but i'm actually pumped for this fanfiction because come on, who doesn't love mikey way??? plus there's some frank/gerard in there.

love you,

-ash.