I'm Supposed To Love You

Pete wrapped a jacket around himself, grabbing his car keys. Hopefully she wouldn't her him leaving and tell him to wear three layers of jackets or make him take cookies over to Mikey.

Mikey.

Had he sounded too nervous? Too eager? He didn't know; he didn't really want to know, either. He opened the front door, walking out into the night, unlocking the car. He sat in the driver's seat, closing the door and leaning his head back. He shouldn't told Mikey earlier. It'd been a known fact for a while, but he'd only told Patrick, and even then he promised the blonde to not tell anyone.

He put the car into drive and backed out of the driveway, knowing that he couldn't turn back from this now. Not when it was almost midnight and - was it about to rain? Pete gripped the steering wheel as he drove down the empty roads, silently praying that this wouldn't make him, or Mikey, too sad.

-  -  -

"Be quiet, Mom and Dad are asleep and Gerard is doing so,etching with comic books. Take off your shoes," Mikey whispered, cracking the front door of his house open for Pete. Mikey's smiled as he and Pete walked to his room. "So how come you wanted to come over?"

Pete sat on Mikey's bed, watching Mikey close the bedroom door. He looked at the bed sheets for a second before answering Mikey. "Just - just uh, I need to tell you something."

"You didn't finish The Walking Dead without me, right?" Mikey asked, his eyes growing wide, laying down beside Pete. Pete gave his boyfriend a small smile.

"No, man, no. It's just," he laid next to Mikey, their faces inches apart, "my mom's found this job out in Florida and it's supposed to pay really well and I just - it'll involve us - "

"Moving," Mikey finished, "moving out of New Jersey."

Mikey's brown eyes met Pete's. Pete looked down for a second. "Yeah."

"How long have you known?"

"A week or two. But I just never brought it up because things started actually going well, you know?" Pete said, looking back up to Mikey.

Mikey traced a line down Pete's arm. "So what about us? Because I don't wanna be another line in a song."

"You're more than a line in a song, Mikeyway," Pete said, trying not to cry. He knew he was moving, his mom had taken that damn job. "You're, like, a thousand lines in a thousand songs."

"I feel flattered. But what's gonna happen, are we just gonna like - you know. And then you move and we move on?"

"Hell no. I mean, we'd still be together, and you'd still have really pretty brown eyes, but we just wouldn't get to hold hands as often," Pete said, eyes watching Mikey trace lines and swirls on his arm.

"Two out of three ain't bad," Mikey laughed a little.

"Hell yeah," Pete said, kissing Mikey's forehead. Mikey blushed, leaning back a bit. "You know how much I'm gonna miss you?"

"A whole fucking lot," Mikey replied. "When do you leave?"

"After school lets out," Pete said.

"That's, like, two weeks."

"Well, in the mean time, we'll just have to have a lot of sex and binge watch The Walking Dead," Pete said, bringing his lips to Mikey's, catching the taller boy by surprise.

"Fu - Pete my parents are asleep and what if we - Pete!"

Pete laughed while he snuck his hands up Mikey's shirt, making the other boy shut up with his protests.