You're Dear To Me

"Carl is a little bitch," Pete muttered, watching another episode of The Walking Dead with Mikey. Mikey lightly hit Pete's arm, his eyes glued to the TV.

"Shut up, I'm watching," Mikey whispered. Pete rolled his eyes, resting his head on Mikey's shoulder.

They'd been like this for the past few hours, and Mr. And Mrs. Way had both gone to bed, and Gerard hadn't shown up that night (Mikey guessed Frank and him were banging.) It was nice, just relaxing together. Mikey didn't want to let any of this go, he liked being so close to Pete.

"Honestly that zombie could kill that Governor dude and it'd be fine with me," Pete muttered, taking a sip from his soda can. Mikey nudged Pete again, making Pete grunt in disproval.

"Shut up or I'll take away your Dr Pepper," Mikey said, his eyes not leaving the TV. Pete looked over at his boyfriend.

"Kinky."

"Pete!"

- - -

"It's the weekend and we're playing checkers and - Pete why are you holding champagne? And goddammit Patrick!" Joe grit his teeth as the blonde boy jumped two of his kings. Patrick smiled as he took Joe's checker pieces. "Give me some of that."

Joe pointed to the champagne bottle in Pete's hands, grabbing it and taking a straight drink from it. "How do you have that many checker pieces left?" Joe buried his head in his hands.

Pete poured the champagne into Travie's cup, and more into his own. "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends."

Travis drank from his cup. "Write that one down, Wentz, it's poetic."

"Really?" Pete raised his eyebrows.

"No. But nice word play."

"Asshole."

"Why're we talking about assholes?" Brendon asked, sitting on the couch in between Travie and Pete.

"Of course you'd wanna know," Pete rolled his eyes. Brendon set his right leg over his left, taking a drink from a Capri-Sun.

"Oh, I'd like to remind you that you're at my house and you're welcome for convincingly parents to go out of town for a 'date weekend'. And you're drinking their alcohol, and you're gonna replace it."

Pete gave Brendon a blank look. "I really hate you sometimes."

"Doesn't everyone?"

Travie shrugged. "He's got a point."

"How are you so good at this!" Joe yelled, watching as Patrick took three more of his pieces, leaving him with only one on the board. Andy was sitting beside the board, on the side of the both of them.

"He's not intoxicated," Andy said, looking at Joe. Joe frowned.

"You're really not helping anything," Joe said, making direct eye contact with Andy as he took another drink of champagne.

"He's helping your dick though!" Ryan's voice came from across the living room, his head looking up from the Uries' DVD stack.

"Nobody wants to hear you, Ryan, shut up!" Joe threw back. He moved his one checkers piece, proceeding to watch Patrick jump it. Joe looked up defeated.

"This is bullshit."

"That's the game," Patrick said, looking at the stack of the pieces he'd taken from Joe beside him.

"What do you think about 'How To Train Your Dragon'?" Mikey asked out, looking at the DVD case in his hand.

"It's great," Pete replied, walking passed Mikey while walking back to the kitchen, kissing the top of his head before exiting the room.

"PDA. But yeah, quality cinema, put that shit on," Frank said passing Pete while coming out of the kitchen, holding a pitcher and wearing an apron. "Also I just mixed lemonade with limeade and this stuff is the best thing since Morissey."

"How wild of you," Travie laughed. Frank rolled his eyes.

"Try it and then make fun of me, McCoy."

"I'll still make fun of you," Pete said, poking Franks side, bringing a bag of Doritos from the kitchen. Brendon sighed.

"Stop eating my whole family out of food!"

"Sure," Pete said, sitting down on the couch, opening the bag.

"Give me some," Gerard said, grabbing a handful of Doritos and going back his spot on the floor where he and Frank had just laid at least five blankets on top of one another.

"Mikey, tell your brother to get his own chip bag!" Pete said, watching Mikey put the DVD in the player. Mikey pressed play, sitting next to Pete and reaching into the chip bag.

"Don't be a fuckboy," Mikey said, raising the volume on the TV from the remote in his free hand. Pete pouted.

"He's got a point," Travie said, just going ahead and grabbing the whole bag to himself. "Sharing is caring."

"Mhm, love you too."

"Okay, why would they hate these dragons if they're dragons?" Ray asked, wrapping a blanket around himself.

"History, blah blah blah, dragonphobia. I take it as a metaphor," Brendon shrugged, moving down to the floor next to Ryan. Ray gave Brendon a confused look.

"I don't think - "

"Just roll with it," Joe said, nudging Ray in the side, watching the movie start.

"Just roll with it," Mikey mumbled, moving closer to Pete, his head resting on Pete's shoulder, a blanket across their laps.

Pete looked at the boy next to him, one of the absolute best things that had ever happened to him.

- - -

Pete held the phone up to his ear, waiting for Patrick to finish 'sautéing his onions', whatever a sauté was.

"Are you done yet?" Pete asked impatiently, rolling over on his side, playing with a string on his bed sheets.

"Give me a damn second!" Patrick said, making Pete sigh. "Alright, alright, talk."

"I don't know how to tell Mikey," Pete said, rubbing his face. He heard the sound of plates on Patrick's end of the phone.

"Just be honest, no sugar coating, all realness. I mean, he's gonna understand, he's been through a lot with you already. I mean, sorry - ugh, no offense. You know what I mean."

Pete pinched the bridge of his nose. "I know, I know, but what if this ends it all?"

"You're being over dramatic," Patrick stated bluntly.

"I am not!"

"Did you just hear yourself?"

"Okay, whatever, thanks Pat, have fun with your onions!"

"Jesus Christ, Pete, wait - " Pete disconnected the call before Patrick could continue. He took a breath in, laying fave up in his bed, looking up at the ceiling.

He grabbed his phone again, clicking on Mikey's contact, tapping his fingers on his leg as the dial tone rang through his ears. It stopped.

"Hey, Pete? What's up?" Mikey's voice entered Pete's ears. "Miss me already? We saw each other, like, less than twelve hours ago."

"Uh, yeah, Mikey, can I come over?" Pete breathed out.

_________________________________________
a/n : look at this plot, woah what is this? anyways, here's an update, which is late because school started and i'm pretty much tired 24/7 now, thanks education. but the plot is what i've been planning since the beginning and the book probably has a few more chapters to go. sorry if it's getting long an drawn out ha. also 10k VIEWS WHAT YOURE ALL TOO GREAT I NEVER EXPECTED THIS !! shoutout to every vote, view, comment, and library add, it all means so so much. love love you all. to celebrate this, here's a tiny playlist based off of the sweet lil dudes :

put 'em up - priory
shiver shiver - walk the moon
tongue tied - grouplove
the city - the 1975
young dumb and in love - mat kearney

- ash.