Dance Dance

"Better off as lovers, and not the other way aro - " Pete was cut off by Joe (who was more cranky than usual. Granted, it was two in the morning.)

"Hold up, hold up." Joe pointed his guitar pick at Pete, who was looking distraught with a guitar in his lap. "Is this about Mikey?"

"What? A guy can't - " Pete was cut off by Andy this time.

"C'mon, Pete, I mean, you're writing songs about him?" Andy raised his eyebrows. Pete rolled his eyes, slumping back on the couch.

"I - it just kind of happened, I guess," he sighed, rubbing his forehead. Patrick walked down the basement stairs, holding a soda can. He looked at each one of his friends.

"Okay then, let's hear this new song - "

"It's about Mikey," Joe stated, looking at Patrick. Pete hit Joe's arm, frowning at him.

"Joe," Patrick started, leaning back in an armchair. "The song could be about fucking Obama for all I care. We could use any song we get."

Pete stuck his tongue out at Joe. "Asshole."

"That's what they call me," Joe smiled, leaning back on the couch. Patrick smiled at Pete.

"So let's hear this song!"

- - -

"I think he loves me!" Mikey said excitedly, watching his brother flip pancakes. Gerard turned around from the stove, still holding the spatula in his hand.

"What?" Gerard said, his eyes growing wide. Mikey bit the inside of his lip.

"Holy shit!" Frank said, bouncing into the kitchen, wearing only sweatpants and holding a toothbrush in his hand. Why was he always around? "Tell me everything."

Even if Frank could be a pain in the ass sometimes, Mikey appreciated how he was more willing to talk about boy problems than Gerard was. Frank spit his toothpaste into the kitchen sink, running over and sitting across from Mikey at the dining table.

So Mikey told Frank everything, from the fireworks to the Sharpie messages to last night and driving around the city.
Gerard just huffed in disapproval while he stuffed his face with pancakes, but Frank was actually listening.

"I'm still wary about him, but c'mon Gerard, he wrote on Mikey's arm!" Frank said as they headed out the door. Gerard unlocked the car, allowing Frank to jump into the passenger's seat and Mikey to get into the back.

"I don't want you getting hurt, Mikey," Gerard said, pulling the car out of the driveway. Mikey smiled at his brother.

"I'm smart, Gerard. I'm not gonna do something stupid." He looked at his phone. "Besides, tonight is your party, which means you can actually meet Pete."

"Oh, I will."

- - -

"Gerard, stop making out with Frank in your bedroom, this is your party!" Mikey yelled as he tried to carry two stacks of red Solo cups from the pantry to the kitchen table. All Gerard had done was vacuum and set up some drinks on the table. Mikey had done practically everything else.

"You're so needy!" he heard Frank yell as he strolled into the kitchen. Frank grabbed a handful chips from the snack bowl. Mikey frowned at him as he set his cups down.

"Stay out of those!" Mikey swatted at Frank's hand. "Jesus, Gerard, help with your own goddamn party!"

"Here," Gerard tossed Mikey a small box. Mikey turned to box over in his hands and looked at the label.