Chapter 30 - My Promise to You

Gripping the many files Tzuyu has left for me and Jennie to work on, I stand nervously in front of the familiar white wooden door. Of course, this isn't the first time I been here, but I can't help but feel... a little different about the room before me. Ever since that night, I can't seem to not think about those cat-like eyes, those gummy smiles, and those lips- 

Nope, not going there. 

It's Tzuyu's fault that I'm a mess right now. If it wasn't for her teasing I reckon I'll be fine. I grumble as I recall what she said.  

"Are you guys dating or something?" Tzuyu asked out of the blue as she passes me the files. 

"W-what?" I blushed, my hand paused on the papers, stunted.  

Tzuyu laughed at my reaction and smirks. "I don't know if you noticed, but you guys were holding hands while you were walking in here." 

"Oh, right. I forgot about that," I admitted sheepishly, as I hold the files against my chest. "But, isn't it holding hands normal here? You know between friends and all." 

"I guess," she shrugged but the grin from earlier never once left her face. "But, Jennie was smiling when she came in here with you, and that doesn't happen frequently. Normally, she has this neutral facade on and you never know whether she's in a good mood or not." Her hands gestured to her face as she tries to replicate the CEO infamous resting-bitch face. 

Her attempt made me laugh. "True."  I thought I could get away by sidetracking the topic but I guess it didn't work since she kept her anticipating eyes on me. Tuzyu is someone who is focused after all. "Fine... We're seeing each other right now." I sighed.  

"Ha, called it!" Tuzyu cheered loudly behind her workspace, grabbing the others' attention. Not wanting this to get out to the whole company I quickly shush her. "You know, I kinda predicted this. When you're still considered new, Jennie always acted a bit... different towards you. She was never really fond of new company." Now that she said that, I wonder how it might have been when Tzuyu first started working with Jennie. "And when you guys got closer, you were flirting with each other, like a lot. I was honestly wondering why the two of you were not dating." 

"W-we did not!" I exclaimed, and it was Tzuyu's turn to shush me. I bet we both look ridiculous right now. "And we're not dating either!" I yelled in a hushed voice, once the coast is clear. 

"Not yet." Tuzyu simply concluded, smugly. 

Taking a deep breath, I gently knock on the door and enter the room when I had the CEO's permission. What lies behind the piece of wood took my breath away. Sitting on her usual desk while keeping her eyes and hands on her task was none other than the Jennie Kim herself. And with the morning sun shining through the windows behind her, highlighting her impossibly gorgeous hair, she looks more like a goddess descended from heaven than a normal human being. 

 "-isa, Lisa," a voice called out, snapping me out of my daze. I realize dully that the voice belongs to the woman in front of me, who is trying hard to not laugh at my state. "Are you going to stand there all day?"

"R-right, sorry about that," I smiled sheepishly, as I walk into the room. Sitting down on the visitor's seat, I passed the files to her. Our hands accidentally brushed against each other, and I felt as if lightning was rushing through my veins, causing me to blush a little. Unfortunately, Jennie notices it too.