chapter 24 - Unwanted rest

White fluorescent lights filled my vision as I slowly drifted from my sleep, but soon regret my decision when the lights become a bit too intense for my poor eyes. Several moments later, I tried again, this time more prepared than the last trial.

White filled my vision again. Well, to be exact, the whites were the ceilings and the walls. Though, the door of the room, my room...? -was a fade pinkish colour matching the blanket laying on top of my legs. I felt a short pain on my wrist and turn to my right, only to see a tube has securely placed on them. A bip-ping sound was heard as I examine the bandages wrapped around my head, forearm and stomach. Then, it hits me.

I was in the hospital. But the real question is, why and how did I get into the hospital?

I remembered. There were two men in an old room. We were fighting, both of them were injured to the point where they would struggle to get up again so I didn't pay much attention to them. Then, an arrogant man stood up.

The leader looked at me with eyes that can only be described as furious. He screamed some unintelligent words, useless words, before lunging at me. A knife was pulled out from his back, drawing dangerously close to my neck, and it was my turn to stumble. He then used this opening to push me down to the ground, trying hard to restain my movements. More ugly words spilt out of his mouth, but because of his struggle, a space was created between us, a beat later, my foot meets his abdomen, forcing him out of my vision.

I stood back up, eyes fixed to the man I was about to put down. Suddenly, another man appeared on my side, it was the intelligent one of the bunch. He strikes tactically, always aiming for either my head or my abdomen while also doing a good job avoiding my attacks. An average person wouldn't be able to stand up straight again after the damage I did, let alone fighting. It was needless to say that he was skilful.

My body leaned to the right as a response to protect myself from a brutal punch. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the gleam of a knife. It was shoved towards my side, I realised but was a second too late and the blade successfully slashed my stomach. Slowly but surely, a gush of blood was making its presence know, the leader smiled sinisterly.

The intelligent man strikes again, this time I finally caught on his movements and this made grabbed his striking arm much easier, with that, I forcefully pull him forward. The man, completely unprepared, could only gasp as his feet were swiped off the ground, pained as I hit the back of his neck midway. His face landed so hard that he and I know his nose will surely bleed.

Words jumbled in a shout, the leader charged towards me. Before I could even make out of his sentence, my back was already on the ground, knocking my head in the process. He raised his weapon with one hand and swing it downwards. Out of reflex, I blocked the blow with my arms, protecting my head. A grumble escaped from my throat as pain spread throughout my entire left arm. Our hands tangled, but it didn't stop him from pushing the knife down to my throat. Laughter sounded through the room, the man was feeling happy, excited when he sees someone hurting, scared and that isn't normal. Suddenly the laughter gradually lowered until it became no more and the beating of my heart was the only thing I heard.

The man's hands go limb and soon his body too, dropping itself to the floor. A figure appeared, "Thought you might need my help, Heh... glad I came in just in time." The figure scratched the back of his head, face relieved. Jay.

"...what took you so long? Ughn..." A final groan slipped out before my world turned blur then it was nothing but black.

I see, so Jay saved me. Wait! Then what about Ji Ho?!