8 - First Day

Today is a very special day to me. Why? Because my fate of  'being jobless at the age of 23'  has been broken. Oh how grateful I am. Actually they only told me the news yesterday. This is what it's written:

Dear Lalisa Manoban, 

I believe that you already know what this is so I'll cut to the chase. Congratulation on catching me and my daughter's eyes and becoming my daughter's personal bodyguard. Please come to the stated location tomorrow morning as I will tell you what you need to do. And maybe you could also be familiar with Jennie's work life. See you soon. 

  -Mr. Kim 

And here I am. In front of a biggest mansion I have ever seen in my whole life. I drove to the front gate and was greeted by a voice through a speaker from my right. The voice asking with polite "Good morning ma'am. May I please know you name? " 

"I'm Lisa. Lalisa Manoban. " I answers while looking at the screen beside the speaker. 

There was a moment of silence as the butler look though a list. When my name was found he spokes again with an inviting smile,  "Ah yes, you may come in Miss Manoban. "  After I got my permission the gate opens allowing me to drive through. 

I park my car at the front door. Stepping out of the car I observe my surrounding. Their front yard is beautiful. Flowers surrounding the railings and the fountain at the middle giving off a peaceful aura.

Not long two men came out of the door. The younger one approach me asking for my car keys. I was caution about it until he explain the he wanted to park my car near the garage as I am still the guest here.

"Miss Manoban, please, come in. " I look up and find the butler standing at the doorway waiting for me with a smile.

We walk pass many rooms as he lead me to Mr. Kim's workspace at the third floor. The interior design here screams luxury in every way, but simple at the same time. Suddenly, Mr. Butler stop in front of a door near the balcony. I guess this is it.

"Mr. Kim is inside now. " He said, the smile never leaves his face. I nodded my head, he then took it as a sign and knock before opening the door for us.

As the door opens, I saw Mr. Kim stood in front of a glass wall, glazing  something outside. He seems to not notice our presences even though we knocked.

"Mr. Kim, Miss Manoban is here. Sir? " The butler said trying to catch his master's attention. 

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry I didn't hear your knocking. Please, sit down Lisa and thank you Joe. " Mr. Kim said. Mr. Butler just nod his head and leaves the room.  

"Good Morning Mr. Kim. " I said as I sit down. Not wanting to be seen rude.

"Good Morning Lisa. " He said,  a smile printed on his face. He then clear his throat before continues. "I believe you already know the main job as a bodyguard but I also want you to ensure that my daughter doesn't get into unnecessary troubles. She is very stubborn so please watch over her for me. If anything happens Lisa, do inform me about it."   You can clearly hear the concern in his voice. 

"No problem Mr. Kim. " I said giving him a reassuring smile.      

"Thank you. " He sigh but smile after.

After I signed some paper, Mr. Kim bring me down to the dining room. He offer me to have breakfast with him but I said no because I already had mine back at home. So he sent Mr. Butler to give me a tour of their mansion.

Their living room is huge, there's a lot of pictures hanging on the walls too. But the one that caught my eyes is the one that on top of the drawer. There's a women in it, hugging a mini Jennie. Maybe she's her mom?  

"Mister, erm...  " I call for the man in front of me but I don't know how to address him.

"You can call me Mr. Joe, Miss Manoban. " He said and answered one of my question.  

 "Mr. Joe, who is this women? If you don't mind me asking. " I pointed at the women in the picture. He looked at the said picture with a small smile rather sadly. 

"She's is Miss Kim's mother. And one of the kindest friend I ever met. " 

"I see. But where is she? I never seen her before. " 

He didn't spoke for a moment before sighing. "Mrs. Kim passed away a long time ago. "

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know. " 

"Its okay Miss Manoban. Your going have to know it sooner or later anyways. " Mr. Joe now facing me with the same sad smile. 

"I'm sure she was a wonderful woman. Mr. Joe. " I said which make him smile again but this time not that sad.

We continue to walk through the mansion for about half an hour. I mean this is a mansion. You don't expect us to finish this tour within 10 minutes right. We had some conversation here and there to lessen the tension before. I'll be honest, I didn't expect Mr. Joe to has such a great senses of humour. I laugh at almost all of his jokes. 

We then return to the dinning room as Jennie is about to go to work and I don't know why but I feel excited. As soon as we reach there, I saw her there having her breakfast while talking to her father. Damn, even with that messy hair she still look good.  

"Ah. You guys are back. " Mr. Kim said as he saw us. Its just then that Jennie notice us too. And she's looking at me with a dumbfounded look making it hard for me to not laugh at her action. 

"Hi Jennie. " I smirk a bit at her. She just look at me and blink a couple of times before clearing her throat. 

"H-hi Lisa. "