3 - New Job ?

"LISA!!! WAKE UP NOW! " I immediately wake up but end up falling to the side of the bed.

"Ow! " I hold the side of my butt and ran to the source of the scream.

"W-what happen? "

"What happen? Your late for work! Look at the time. " Mom said while serving breakfast.

I sigh and sit down at the dinning table "I thought it was something more serious. "

"What do you mean? Your late for work, isn't that serious? " Mom asks with a confused look.

"Eh? I didn't tell you?! "

"Tell me what Lisa? " I'm starting feel a dark aura.

"T-tell you-u that I... lost my job..? " I said and braces myself from the 'shock scream' but only silence fell between us. Waoh, this is the first that she didn-

"WHAT! WHEN AND HOW?! " and I was wrong.

"Lisa, you lost your second job this year. You really need to consider your mistake you know. "

"But I didn't do anything wrong! " I wined.

"No Buts. Now tell me how do you got fired. " she shushed me.

"Fine. " I sigh and ate some pancakes before answering mom's question. "I was just heading to work like any other day. As I was driving I saw a grandma got robbed and I just can't stand it. So I chased down the crook and returned her purse. By the time I realised its already 8:15. And my manager could't afford having an employee 'lying' because she's late so he fired me. "

Silence was filled in the air again before mom sighed "My daughter is just too kind hearted sometimes. " and a smile creep up her "Come on, finish your breakfast. "

After breakfast, I sit on the couch and start to text a friend of mine, my bestfriend to be exact.

Lisa: Cheayoung-ah

Rosé: Hiii. Wait, aren't you suppose to be at work?

Lisa: I lost my job...

Rosé: What! Seriously?

Lisa: Yes.

Rosé: How?

Lisa: I arrived late because I was helping a grandma but he didn't believe me and fired me instead.

Rosé: Woah, never thought that being a waitress can be that hard.

Lisa: Well, to be fair I did came late a couple times before.

Rosé: So what your going to do?

Lisa: I don't know. Get a new job I guess.

Rosé: Can't help you with that. No free space here.

Lisa: Aww... Come on, hlwp meeee

Rosé: Stop it. Oh, got to go. Meeting.

Lisa: Nooo. Don't gowww....

Rosé: Bye Lisa.

Lisa: Bye...

Cheayong or Rosé and me were besties since I moved here. I'm not Korean. I'm Thai. I started living here with my family when I was 7. I adopted the culture and now I'm quite fluent in Korean. You really can't tell whether I'm a foreigner or not if you just listen to my voice only.

I really thought that I could work at Rosé's company. Normally her company always needed people but it turns out my luck run out, again. I am not going back to being a waitress anymore. Clearly it doesn't suit me as I got fired twice. So I went online to find a new job.

"Lisa. Lisa? Are you still on the computer? You been using it since this morning. "

"Yes... "

"What are you doing? " mom's now in my room.

"Looking for a new job. " I sigh.

"For that long? "

"Mom, you have no idea how unlucky I am these day. Its like I'm destined to be jobless at the age of 23! " I said out of frustration.

She chuckle a bit and pat my head said "Come on, just leave it and come back later. Its dinner time and your father's home. " with that I rush down the stairs to find my old man.

My dad's a trainer. He knows pretty much any material art. He even taught me some, so that I can defend myself. Recently, he's been busy with a collaboration with a TV program. So he often comes back late. Well not today.

"Dad! Welcome home! " I said while giving him a bear hug.

"Hey my beautiful yet clumsy daughter. " Dad said playfully.

"Hey! "

"If you guys don't come here quickly the foods gonna get cold. " Mom said, getting our attention.

When I went over there, my eyes sparkles and my mouth starts to drool. "GAMJATANG! Thanks mom! "

After my exclaim we all dig in. The dinning table was filled with laughter due to me and dad's puns. Sometimes when we got a bit carry away, mom would give us a death glance and we would just awkwardly laugh while continuing our dinner 'pun free'.

"Dad, can I work at the gym? " I asked while we're all sit at the living room.

"Why? Don't you have a job already. "He said but his attention is by the newspaper.

"Apparently no. " He look at me with a frown "I got fired yesterday. "

He looks confuse then turn to mom. "Honey, is this true? "

"Yes. " mom answers shortly.

"How? " dad still frowning. So I explain yet again about destined fate of becoming jobless.

"So, can I work at the gym? " I'm now praying to god that dad will approve it. Please, please, please! Help me god!

"No. " was the answer. "What?! Why dad?"

"Because I don't want people coming into my gym just wanting my daughter to supervise them, so they can get a chance to get near her or something. "

Eh? Oh yeah. That did happen quite a lot back then. "Now what am I going to do. " I sigh.

As I thought all hope is gone, dad suddenly speak "You know, I think there's a job available for you. "

I didn't said anything sugguesting him to continue. "At the gym, I head that there's a rich buisness man is looking for someone to protect his daughter. Everyone in the circle is like fighting for this. "

"So? How does this help me? " I question, still not getting what he's implying.

"Do you want to be a bodyguard? " He smirk.

A bodyguard...huh..?