22 - Pizza Delivery

As an individual, we are bound to make bad decisions. For instance, choosing to attend the dancing club instead of studying while the exam is only hours away, watching Netflix until god knows when and totally went late for work the next day, going to bed and waking up to mom's terrorizing scream because you forgot to turn off the stove... See, bad decisions. And is this kind of stupid resolves that lead to a series of your mind questioning your own intelligence. And right now, I'm questioning mine.

Here, inside a foreign car parked in a foreign neighbourhood with two unfamiliar men that I currently don't quite want to work with.

"How did I let this happen? "  I closed my eyes and touched my bang-covered forehead while asking the same question again. 

"What? What do you mean? You have been murmuring throughout the whole ride. " The man behind the wheels said with a hint of frustration. 

"Its nothing. " I uttered, with a tone that matched his. 

"Oh, someone is being a little moody today. " The flirt said, leaning from the backseat. "My, you actually look quite good with that attitude. Got it from Jen, I suppose. " 

I frowned at his smirk. "First of all, its Jennie. Secondly, I did not get the so-called attitude from her. I'm just... " My mouth paused as I try to generate a phrase that reflects my attitude  "...a bit annoyed...? "

There was a moment of silence, the two men were staring at me with an unreadable expression. And I do not feel comfortable with this sudden silent treatment. "By Jennie? " They said at the same time, before giving each other a high-five, like they won a trophy together or something.  

I blushed at that, feeling the heat on my face, "N-no...! " I don't even know what I am embarrassed about. Maybe it's because of the fact that they were right?  My inner voice talked back at me. I couldn't bear their victorious smugs and hide my burning behind my palm. 

It's past 8, on the usual days I would be in my house, laying comfortably on my couch while shift through the TV programs to find something for entertainment purpose. But tonight isn't like my other nights. Just hours ago, I wisted the spite of evil. Until this civilized day, there are still people, might I add rich people, use their power to manipulate the weak. I know I shouldn't be so surprised but I never thought that I would see such a thing happen right in front of my innocent eyes. Sometimes, I just don't understand the rich society.   

*Ting*

The elevator sounded as we reached to our floor. The metal doors open to a place that I recognise. It's the secret bar with black theme, the one where I first met Jennie. Turns out, this bar is owned by the Kims, Jennie's family, though the design of this place was created by none other than the daughter herself. And the name of this bar is... BLACK, Jen's favourite colour of all times. This time the bar is filled with people. All of them are dressed well, either big brands or very refined clothing. 

We walk across the hall of people. Many of them were just minding their own business but some were trying to get the daughter's attention. Fortunately, none succeed, as the daughter only has her eyes set on the door that leads to a more private room.  

Inside the room sits the man with golden aviator glasses. We walk in the surprisingly well-lited room and greeted each other before settling ourselves in front of the said man. After some discussion they decided to talk in person just in case the talk would be eavesdrop by some advance hacker. For a short while,  they were exchanging their thoughts regarding the rescuing matter. I was listening absently as my eyelids were starting to put on some weight until my name was mentioned. They were looking at me while nodding to themselves.