Chapter 23 - Business

4 hours. 

It has been 4 hours since the last time I received Lisa's message. Turning on my phone I went back to my application and check again. 

"Don't miss me too much ;)" was the last message I read from her. I have called her multiple times, but the calls weren't able to reach her.  I tried to contact Jay and Bobby too but they won't pick up. 

That's not the only problem here, an hour ago Tuzyu tuned in and told me that the monthly meeting was rescheduled to 12:00 noon, which is just 45 minutes away. All of the necessary documents were prepared immediately. Calls to the voters I needed was made except for Henry's... I couldn't bring myself to request for his vote, not when Ji-Ho is not yet saved. But I need to tell him about this, and I need to tell him now. 

It didn't take long for him to arrive at my office. He has always been punctual as ever. Whether is something professional or personal, he'll arrive just before anything started. After opening the door, he walks straight to the guest's seat of my table. Without any greetings, not that I care about it right now, we started the much-needed conversation. 

"I assume you knew about the rescheduled meeting, Mr. Yoo." He nodded as confirmation. "Good. Before we enter the conference room, I need you to know something." I took a deep breath and informed him of the issue. "Lisa and the others have not been contacting me. With that, we cannot confirm your son's safety... I understand if you decided to not go against Park's orders but... I do hope you would consider doing the opposite." 

I cannot force a man to do in my favour when his family might be in danger. A man's life is far too valuable than the company's needs right now. That's why I giving him the freedom to choose. Even if it means that the whole operation would fall.  

There was a long pause as Henry proceeded his decision. The air suddenly feels heavy, and my heartbeat picked up.

"Miss Kim, do you believe Miss Monaban would success?" Herry Yoo asked as he looks at me with an unreadable expression. I blinked at that, but I know I need to give him my answer. 

A simple and clear "Yes.", came out of my mouth. And it was the truth. I believed in Lisa when I first set this mission on her and I still believe in her now even though I couldn't get any form of news from the said girl. 

The mid-aged man unexpectedly smiled. Again, I blinked. "That was quite a confident reply." He commented. Without any words, he stood up and leaves the room, just as the man stepped out, he looked back, "If so, I too believe in her, Miss Kim."

10 minutes. 

10 minutes now, and the meeting would start. I stood up from my chair and began my walk to the conference room. Momentary, I thought about Lisa again. That impulsive girl, always doing something with her own way. I sighed and pulled out my phone to message her in hope that it'll calm down my concern for her, just for now, "Please be safe, Lisa." before continuing my journey to the soon tensed room. 

And I was right, as soon as I step into the room, everyone's attention was all on me. Talk about pressure. Anyone would get intimidated by the looks they're presenting. The hard looks, the judgemental eyes, the displeasure faces, none of them seems to know how to smile either. When you're given those looks, you might assume you're the one at false, but I know better. I came here countless times since I was a child. For some events, my father would allow me to join them inside, the people in it would always smile at me, ruffling my hair, giving me the slight attention before turning serious as they continue their conversation. For other events, my father would ask me to wait outside. The walls of the room are clear stained glass so normally I can observe them from my seat. Every time that happens, the people inside would have that stern look on their faces, some would scream or yell at others, some would give in to their frustration and start throwing their papers, and some were leaving the room with tears streaming down from their faces. As a child, I have already seen so much, so to think that these would even make me shiver, think again.