Chapter 3: Nightmare Come True

Athena's POV
I couldn't stop thinking about that dreadful night. I was now back on campus. It had been three days since the incident but I was still as scared as the day itself.

Brady never let me leave his side. He even drove me home when I wanted to leave. Heather and I already shared a dorm room, but ever since that night, we now shared a bed.

I think she's more scared than I am

It was late out and people were, well, they were practically awake. As for Heather, she was fast asleep, she was complaining of a headache and slept early that day. Brady was in the boy's dormitory yard, I guess he was asleep.

I was restless and couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of that night. So, I decided to go for a walk. Our campus was huge, it kind of looked scary at night but it was all good.

I threw on my beige sweater and sandals on socks and quietly left the room without waking Heather. It was a windy night but I liked the cool breeze.

I walked for some time and felt calm too, when I remembered the long walks me and mom used to take which just made me cry in silence.

I reached the entrance gate and when I was about to turn back, I noticed three cars. They were parked right outside our gate.

What the hell!

I first thought it was just some people wanting to go out again, but in the back of my head, I felt like it was the men that had held me hostage that night, and when that hit me, I felt my heart racing and started to back away from the gate. I soon heard one of the car doors open, I feared for my life and turned to run when I heard that voice again.

"Athena!"

It was him. It sounded low this time but nevertheless, deep and scary. I wanted to run but sadly looked back and saw just a figure of a person. It was dark.

"Who are you and how do you know me?!" I shouted
The man approached me slowly and when I saw him, I knew all too well who it was. My knees felt weak and my body numb.

"Get away from me" I said holding my hand out and backing away from him.
He never stopped
"Stop!" I shouted and he stopped immediately
"Athena....I just wanted to make sure you were okay" he said softly

I felt my stomach turn, I felt like throwing up at the sight of him. I nearly fell holding my stomach and looking for support when he lunged at me in attempt to hold me.

"No!" I shouted, "don't you dare touch me" I said picking myself up and running as fast as I could for the dorms. I felt like he was following me. I got to my room and slammed the door startling Heather awake.

"Come on!" she whined, "my head's killing me here and you slam the door, like are you for real?!"
I was glued to the door, I couldn't move.
"Hey! What's wrong with you?"
"Athena!...Hey!...Girl what's wrong huh?!" she said shaking me
"Athena talk to me! What happened?!"
I passed out soon after, I was completely breathless.
_______
"Athena" I heard Brady's voice as I woke up.
"Hey, you good" Johnny, Heather's cousin asked
"What happened last night girl?" Heather asked waking me up
"What's wrong?!" Brady asked after seeing my features change
"I saw him" I said scared
"Who?" Heather asked
"The guy who helped me" I said shaking
"Umm....isn't that a good thing....I mean, so you can thank him" Johnny said
"You don't understand. The man who helped me...."
"What about him girl speak up?!" Heather said firmly
"Daniel Terranova" I said spacing out

They knew very well who this Daniel Terranova was, and they knew why I feared him, why everyone feared him.

They were all speechless and for good reasons too. The name Daniel Terranova was one name no one wanted to be caught saying. You see, the 'Terranova' dynasty if you can call it that, was well known. Their family name was known by everyone. They run the biggest drug cartel in the county. Though their family ran on fronts of them being so rich through multiple businesses, the right people didn't buy it. They were said to have arsenals of weaponry and hundreds of casinos world wide. Money laundering, blood money, all speculations that were never proven. No one dared to go against that family. Everyone and anyone who ever went against them paid dearly, with their lives, and the worst of them all was Seth R. Terranova, Daniel Terranova's grand father. He's stories were the one's you told your children at night so they don't disobey you. For a family surrounded by all sorts of dangerous rumors, people still loved them for their charitable contributions and kindness. Though no rumor was ever actually backed with evidence, there were those who still spread the news and those who believed it. Maybe they were rivals.

The Terranova family had gone quiet for some time after Seth R. Terranova was ambushed by some Sicilian mafia family in his own home, at least, that's how the rumors went. The greatest mafia leader had died and so did the greatest mafia organisation, so we thought. Only recently did rumours start to surface about the 'Terranova' mafia being led under a new name, his grandson, Daniel Terranova. They said that Daniel was literally 'worse than his grand father'. Apparently, we never heard of Daniel much when his grand father was still alive because Seth was grooming his grandson to take over after him, and it was crucial that his existence be kept secret, and for his safety of course.

Many things went through my mind when realization hit.

He knows me,
He knows where to find me,
He know where I live,
He even knows my name!

Should I run? I mean, he can't find me, right? How did he even come to know me? I'm nothing important, let alone to a mafia boss. What does he want? I didn't offend anyone lately, did I?

"Athena" Heather called, "you should run" she said with a straight face
"Are you crazy?!" Brady spat out
"Why not?! She's being watched by some sick man, who knows what he wants to do to her!"
"Heather, shut up"
"What else can she do?!"
"Can't you report it to the police?" Johnny said
"What will she report huh? The most dangerous mafia leader was outside my school gate" Heather commented
"Does everything have to be a joke to you?"
"No! I just happen to be the only one here thinking rationally"
"Okay, you guys aren't helping me in any way" I said quietly
"We need to know what he wants" Brady said
"Really Brady, you think he's here to do what, play tag. NO! Mafia boss equals money equals power equals women! He's gonna take you and keep you for himself! He wants a pet, that's what he wants!"
"Heather, shut it!" Brady shouted

Their arguing only added to my fear, and Heather's points really hit hard. I couldn't think. I just hoped for the best to come from all this, if there was a good way to look at this.