Chapter 19: Pandora's Box

Daniel's POV
Watching Athena leave chocked me to my core, but also gave me peace. Peace that she was where she belonged and that she was safe back with her family. That was enough.

I couldn't help feel bad that she was gone. I hate to say, but my house was lonely. It was always lonely and quiet, but Athena's presence really filled every corner of this place, and my heart. I was back to being alone.

Nevertheless, I wasn't going to let my sulking get the best of me, I still had an organisation to run and a sister that needed serious disciplining. I think she forgot who the eldest was.

Zara had recently sent me threats and had my gambling den raided. This was really putting me out there which I didn't need. I was used to doing everything in the shadows and laying low, but Zara was really pressing my buttons of patience. She was trying to get to me and guess what, she did.

The plan was to get Athena as far from me as possible and then go after Zara. I couldn't risk having my house attacked or worse, bombed, with Athena in it. Her safety was priority number one, even if it hurt.
Certain of her safety and set out for my baby sister.
_______
I had sent out my people to look for her, and they found her. I went to her house hoping to not have to hurt her, but knowing her, that obviously wouldn't happen. I wasn't one to hurt women, surprising, I know, but she was no woman. If she dared hurt me, I WOULD defend myself, even if it meant hurting her.

One thing I never did was underestimate Zara. She was good, no lie, she was GOOD. I gave her that. She didn't get to where she was being nice and playing by the rules. She was danger herself and I never, not once, looked down on her. She was tough and I respected that. She never expected me to be nice and neither did I.

I got to her house and made sure to not go alone. I wasn't stupid. We never had a hard time getting in. Well, that was through the gate, now, we had to get into her house.
It was heavily guarded like they were guarding some form of treasure.

Not even I guarded my volts like that.

Having seen the extent of security, I knew she knew I was mad. I asked the man at the entrance to allow me in, but he declined and gave me some nonsense about orders he had received, bluh bluh bluh.

I really wasn't looking forward to going home a bloody mess, but with where this was going, that thought didn't last too long.

I asked yet again and he still declined. I turned and started to walk back. Dean stared at me and I tilted my head gesturing for them to attack and he led my men into chaos. They shot whoever stood in their way until they got me in.

I walked in on Zara standing right in front of me ready for a fight.

"You know, I admire your men for not being easily swayed. They're annoying, but very reliable" I said fixing my suit
"You look well. Glad to see you standing on your own two feet"
"You're not going to say anything?"
"That's good, cause I'm not here to talk anyway"

"I didn't think as much. You were never really one to talk" she said

"Zara, I'd like to believe you're not stupid. Not stupid enough to go against me. You know I don't give a damn about family when it comes to my business, so don't give me a reason to kill you"

"Then why are you here? To give me a lecture big brother? Huh?"
"I'm guessing you're here to warn me about that girl. But then again, she's no longer with you, is she, so how exactly are you going to protect her AND, run your businesses at the same time. One has to go dear brother, so take your pick"

"Don't you dare lay a hand on Athena!" I shouted

"Oh, I won't have to do anything at this point darling"