Chapter 13: Open Closet

Athena's POV
I felt like he had been sleeping for so long. The doctor came in and out with literally nothing to tell me. It was sickening.

Dean was always around since Daniel became bedridden. He was the one running everything. It made me think he was Daniel's right-hand man.

Daniel had been laying in the same spot for a month now, which made me wonder, why they didn't just take him to a hospital. Maybe if he was in a bigger healthcare facility, he would have recovered a long time ago.

I was in Daniel's room cleaning him up with a wet cloth. Doing this really made me get a good look at his tattoos. One in particular really intrigued me. He had a tattoo of a dragon on his chest. It was beautiful. I was never really a fan of tattoos on myself, but I sure admired them on other people, and his were really interesting.

I found myself spending most of my days in his room. I even read to him. I personally thought I was keeping him company. It must have been lonely being in bed all day alone.

I decided to step out and get some medicine and clean water for his wounds. I was walking down the stairs when I heard people talking. It sounded like a serious conversation so I didn't want to disturb them, but their conversation really caught my attention.

"We need to keep her safe at all costs. If we have to move her to the safehouse we will. But she cannot get to her. If the boss finds out that we slackened even a bit, he will have our heads."

I heard a bit of their conversation when I walked in and they stopped.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you" I said

"Don't worry about it Athena. Do you need anything?" Dean asked

"Ah....no, I'm just getting some medicine for....um Daniel"

"Sure. Well feel free. I have to step out but Jordan and Lucas are here if you need anything alright"
I nodded in reply and he walked out.

I couldn't help but think about what I heard. We're they talking about me?
What's going on? Is it my fault that Daniel is in that state?

I went back to his room and looked at him from a distance.

Why are you so caring Daniel?
What exactly are you doing?

These thoughts haunted me for a while. Why was he doing all this? Was I the centre of his problems?

_______
It was yet another silent night besides Daniel and I had just woken up from what I thought was a short nap. I found myself staring at him.

He's actually really good looking now that I look at him.

Wow! Athena!
Did I just call him handsome?

This can't be happening, no. I decided to step out for a bit. Maybe it was the fatigue talking.

I walked out and went downstairs. Something was different, there were more men guarding the house. Why so many?

I remembered Dean said I could call for him or some guy named Lucas. So, I called out for him. It was worth a try.

"Lucas!" I called out,