Chapter 20: Redd Flag

Athena's POV
I opened my eyes and realised that I was back in that room. I had blood stains on my dress which made me think that he had carried me here. His filthy hands had touched me. I screamed at the sight of the blood all over me and at the thought of his hands on me.

The door flew open. It was him. He came in running and stopped when his eyes met mine. I scampered out of bed and pinned myself against the wall.

"Stay away from me" I said shaking my head at him. I could feel my whole body shivering from fear.

He didn't try to come close to me.

"Athena" he called out, "Please, hear me out"

"Stay away from me!" I shouted
"Get out! Get out!"

"Athena listen to me please, I did all that for you" he said coming towards me which made me go mad. I screamed and pushed myself further into the wall as if there was a way for me to squeeze in.

I went to the floor and sat there, defenseless. He came closer and knelt down in front of me.

"I'm sorry. Athena....I didn't intend for you to see all that. I didn't want to hurt you. I promise, I'd never hurt you, you know that... don't you?" he said in whatever voice that was, I really didn't care anymore.

"Get away from me....get away from me please" I said hugging myself and crying my aching heart out.

He stood up and walked towards the door. He left, but not before apologising. Which is the only thing I had heard him say. I didn't care for an apology.

I looked up and saw that the door was wide open, I got my bag and bolted out of the room and straight for the door. I never looked back, I just wanted to get away from that house. I got to my car and feared that someone would grab me from the back. I couldn't stop crying, my tears were blurring my vision and I couldn't get the key into the door any faster. I finally opened the it, and immediately started the car and drove off as fast as I could. I feared he'd follow me but there really wasn't anyone behind me.

I drove over the speed limit and kept looking in my rear view mirrors. I was on the high way and there were many cars, but whenever I saw a black SUV, or any dark car, my breath was in my throat, and I drove even faster.

I was pulled over by a police officer, and surprisingly, I complied and parked on the side of the road. He knocked on my window, but I never responded, I was in a daze and couldn't process what was happening.

"Ma'am!"
"Excuse me ma'am, are you alright?!" he asked

I finally rolled down my window and looked at him.

"Yes officer" I said shaking

"Ma'am, I'll have you step out of the vehicle please"

I complied and got out of my car. I remembered he asked me a bunch of questions as to why I was covered in blood. But every time he asked, I was taken back to the gruesome scene I had witnessed. The officer figured that he wasn't getting anywhere with me and sat me down in the police car and tried talking to me, while another officer searched my car for anything suspicious. He pulled out my bag and got my phone. He went through my call log and saw Brady at the top and called him. I'm not sure what he said exactly, but Brady didn't take long to get there.

"Athena!" he called out

Hearing him made me feel safe, but as soon as I looked at him, my eyes welled up and a ran into his arms crying hysterically.

"Athena, what happened to you huh?! Tell me, who did this to you?!" he asked, but I never answered.

I couldn't answer. I was hurt and I felt betrayed. I didn't even know WHAT to say.