27.BABY IN KITCHEN

There was a time in my life where I was not able to decide which was worse the shock of what happened or the ache that there will be no second chances

There was a time in my life where I was not able to decide which was worse the shock of what happened or the ache that there will be no second chances. It took intense pain, helpness and agony for me to realise life never give you second chance. 

I never thought after all that happened in my life I would ever be able to feel peace. But right now lying here looking at my little Koala sprawled all over me, a sense of childish innocence and peace marred over her angelic face forcing me to believe in magic, miracles. I now knew I will get over the shadow of the dark times in my life.

A thought which was just a dream now became a possibility. Even without knowing anything she became my cure. The sun for my budding hopes. My Adi.

I took a breath I was holding after carefully untangling myself from her grip. How can a person look so peaceful and innocent in this cruel world is a mystery to me? But she is no damsel I know that for sure, but still the stronger a person projects to be, the more broken they are.

Opening the closet door I took out a black t-shirt, that's when I noticed 'her' photo I immediately kept it in a corner of the closet not wanting to spoil my day with the memories. Memories of a time where my smiles were not measured, a time where music was my life,
a time when I thought I have time.

I took a shower and got ready for the day and went downstairs without glancing at my Queen because the picture was so tempting...

I entered the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. 'She' loved cooking so eventually I too started loving it. Now when I think back I loved almost everything 'she' loved until 'she' left. Singing, driving, designing, cooking, Guitar......

Why the happiest memories always hurts?

Yesterday when I saw Adi's photos it was not jealousy or anything it was just fear of losing yet another person who was finally able to show me I can be happy too.... But then again I regretted it because knowingly or unknowingly I stopped trusting both Adi and Roger. Roger was one of those person who stood by me when 'she' left, time when I really had nothing left in me. Satwik and Roger are my brothers not that neither me or they will accept it. But we know. Some relationship doesn't need to be vocalized.

"Is my hubby dearest making breakfast in bed for his wife? How romantic.."

Involuntarily my lips twisted upwards, I looked up to see my Queen standing there ever so beautifully in a black churidar.

Her eyes devouring me the same way I did, her pink lips making me remember the kiss, the longing. Tiny droplets running down her hair urging me to take her in my arms. I took a deep breathe controlling my unholy thoughts that followed.

Wait hair dripping with water??

"Didn't you dry your hair?" I asked motioning her to come near me.