42.SARANG

"... Utilise my knowledge for the service of my country for the public good and to enhance the prestige of the institute in all circumstances I will strive to uphold the dignity of the individual and the integrity of the profession."

All of us stood up as the dignitaries left after the function. All the late nights and coffees have finally paid off. Rits and Dan pressed my hand from both sides.

Three of us finally came out of the auditorium. I searched the familiar blue eyes and there he stood with a proud look marring his features.
I ran and hugged him showing my certificate.

My whole family was here Ma was literally crying I hugged and consoled her. I hugged Dad, there is no better feeling for a girl than seeing the proud face of her Father. Rits's Father, Dan's Mom and Leah's parents were also there. We all took many photos.

After sometime Jay took hold of my hand , we sat down on a bench and after a lot of time Jay finally spoke.
"That day when I first met you, after the interview you were sitting here with Rits and Dan with a sad smile gazing at the sky. That was the moment when I finally knew there was no going back. The moment I became yours."

I stared at him. Is it just me or does he really become more desirable every time I look at him?

I leaned over to absorb his warmth the warmth of his soul, his love.
He side hugged me closer.

"Abhimanyu..." Both of us turned towards the voice which sounded eerily of familiar but not exactly. But the person who stood there literally took my breathe away. Both of us stood up.

There stood a man so much similar to the man who stood beside me except the blue eyes and a slightly pepper matted hair. I knew who this man was, it was really hard to not notice at least for me. If the change in Jay's posture was any proof enough to let me know he also understand it too.

Abhimanyu subtlety took hold of my hand the, hold so strong and safely covered in between my saree folds and graduation gown from the scrutinising eyes of the man who stood in front of us.

"Do I know you sir?" Abhimanyu asked in his business tone. Moments I thank his profession, masking emotions was always his forte.

"Abhimanyu I'm.." he was oh so cruelly cut off by a girl my age.

"Dad! Mom is calling you we should take some more photos. Oh! Sorry I didn't notice you guys. Hi. Wait you are Abhimanyu Shekhawat right?! I'm a big fan of yours. Can I have a picture sir?" The girl rambled on and on... She was a real chatter box.

I looked up to see the adoration and brotherly love I've seen when Abhimanyu stares at Ananya shining in the depths of the blue ocean like a pearl hidden inside the shell between the wave.

"Anuradha No! Go back to your Mom don't disturb him." The man scolded the girl.

Anuradha....

"No it's okay come let's take it An.. Anuradha." Abhimanyu spoke while crushing my hands in his hold.

"See no one can resist Anuradha Mahesh Sheonoy's charms" she said with a sass making me and Abhimanyu laugh. Abhimanyu was looking really happy.

We all stood and took the pic, Me, Abhi, Anuradha and Mr.Mahesh.

"Dad come fast okay. We are waiting. Bye." She said after taking the photo and even sending me the picture after taking my number. This girl is really fast Man!

The uncomfortable silence again engulfed us as if suffocating us.

"Do you guys want to talk?" I enquired seeing the staring competition going between the two men.