23.WHO IS JAY?

It was only a sunny smile,
and little it cost
in the giving,
but like morning light
it scattered the night
and made the day
worth living.

It was only a sunny smile,and little it costin the giving,but like morning lightit scattered the nightand made the dayworth living

I woke up with a start. I felt a hand on my waist. But sure as hell it was not him which would have maybe calmed me.

All those memories came rushing.
I have to see him, like see him right now! I don't feel guilty or anything but I want to see him and just want to make sure he is okay because sure as hell I'm not.

I looked to my side to see Mama hugging me and Ananya was sleeping on her other side. I slowly slipped out of her hold careful to not wake her up. I stood up only to be perplexed seeing Dad staring at me.

Truly this Dad and Son combo is really weird. He went out to the balcony I followed him without a word. We stood there for a second. Staring at the dawn which came with a musical silence, the soul hearing the melody that the ears could not. A new day had come, new possibilities, a fresh page yet to be written. Which is yet to be unfolded.

"I know everything. But trust me he is a good guy. He will let you go and let you decide whatever it may." The concerned voice of Dad cut through my revive. Even though it was concern I knew he was confident too.

Rather than feeling anger that he too stood with my Hubby dearest in all these facade I felt relived that the Psycho of my Husband is not doing this alone atleast Dad knew what he did.

Although Dad and me never had a good conversation still I trusted him as much as Pa not only him Ma, Ananya all three of them. I trust them just like my family.
Knowingly or unknowingly they became mine in between.

Dad kissed my forehead.
"Sometimes you have to go with the flow. It's okay to hurt him not because he hurt you but for the greater good sometimes your dear ones will get hurt but that should not stop you. Love yourself before loving others."

Even I didn't really know what I was doing I didn't know how to cope with this situation. I know I'm not ready for all these for NOW.
But this is life. We will never be ready we have to just go with the flow.

"Dad I'm going to him."
I told him turning to leave.

"Whatever. I have to go find a bed for myself and next time you husband and wife should buy a bigger couch for your room before fighting like there is no tomorrow."
I laughed to that.

"Now it's better. Always be happy."
He told me with a smile caressing my hair.

I knew he would be in the study.
Don't ask me how. I just knew.

When I stepped inside, there he was sitting ever so handsomely.
I gulped.

I could see he was not able to sleep from the prominent dark circles under his beautiful eyes. But that didn't do anything to this handsome creature. The 5'o clock shadow, the full lips making me remember the kiss we had. I licked my lips and looked around the lion's den.