12.LEAH'S LEMONADE

It's hard to sleep
when your heart
is at war with
your mind

It's hard to sleep when your heart is at war with your mind

We went back to the jewellery shop and brought the rings. And ofcourse he didn't let me pay much to my dismay. But a part of me is starting to accept these changes.

After entering the car I checked the ring. What I saw made my heart skip a beat. It was the same ring which I fell in love with.

He noticed it.

I looked at him. But he was completely concentrating on the road.
I knew he was deliberately not looking at me. I kept mum but still stared at him for another couple of seconds. And then looked out.

What the heck is happening in my life? One second he acts as if he doesn't care then another second he acts as we are lovey dovey couple and then another time he just does whatever he wants.

But I knew He cares.

We reached my home.
I went inside without a word or a backward glance. Trust me it was harder than resisting a free yearly subscription of Netflix.

I could feel his heated gaze on me.

But I just can't, not when I'm not sure what's that is really going on with me. Half truths and unknown feelings are always dangerous.

When I entered Pa, Ma and all others were in the hall. I have my suspicion that they were waiting for me to come and speak about the date. I passed Ma the packet. She opened it and everyone fell in love with the ring just the way I did. At the same time I also saw the look in 4 of theirs eyes flashing with realisation and then disappointment knowing the end result. Ma and Pa hugged and kissed me.

Reaching my room Rits locked the door. After that I started my story for the day. Except of course not my inner thoughts.
I am damn sure they will admit me in the asylum if I tell them what's going inside the pretty head of mine.

Pretty head?? Why does that sound familiar?? Whatever!

And moreover I felt it was Our moment...

I saw the spectrum of emotions passing through each one of them.
Leah started "I feel we should not give up"

I replied curtly in a tone of authority and decision.
"No! I am doing this. No more fights. I can't keep all of our lives at stake.
I know you guys love me but I too love you guys. This is a battle which I have to fight alone. Maybe he will be able to add his name to mine but not my heart or soul. So we are not doing this anymore I am. Guys I want to sleep."

I knew they wanted to argue, I saw the indecision in their eyes but sensing the finality in my voice, they listened to me and left the room without looking back. I knew at this point they are angry at me too.