Sixteen

Charlee hadn't talked to Sami since he had refused to tell her what he had done with Warren. Her head was a mess. And to make things worse, her dad hadn't been seen in a couple of days either.

Charlee left her bedroom and saw Kenzie sitting on the sofa. She smiled. "You doing okay?" She asked.

Charlee shrugged and looked at her. "Sami hasn't even tried to call me. What if he thinks we're not worth it anymore?"

"Babes. In his defence, you did sorta give him an ultimatum. I know he and Warren are hiding things from us. But I know he loves you. Despite how you both started out," she said.

Charlee nodded. She knew Kenzie was right. And that she needed to reach out to Sami.

***
Charlee went over to the Maalik house. Misbah let her in. "He's in the kitchen. Try and talk to him," she said.

"I will."

Sami looked up as Charlee walked in. He sighed. "So I guess we should talk."

Charlee nodded and sighed. She sat down. "All I want to know is what happened. I mean, how hard is it to tell me what you and Warren got up to. Please."

"I want to tell you. But I can't. Just know that I love you. So much and I'd die if I lost you," Sami said.

Charlee frowned. She knew in that moment he was keeping something from her. She sighed. "Why do you keep stuff from me? What did I do?"

"Nothing. It's me. Not you."

***
Charlee stormed over to Warren. She glared. "I don't know what you and Sami are up to, but I want to know. Now. This is wrecking my relationship with him. And it'll ruin yours with Kenzie too. So tell me!"

Warren rolled his eyes. "Don't talk to me like that girly. And if you most know, it's down to Sami and not me. So talk to your precious boyfriend," he said.

Charlee frowned. "He won't tell me! So what am I supposed to think? You both know something and you won't tell me."

Warren smirked. "You'll find out soon enough."

***
Charlee was sitting in the flat with Kenzie. They were both drinking coffee. The door opened and Marnie walked in with the police.

Charlee frowned. She sat up. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked at her mum.

"The police. They've found your father's body. In the river. It looks like he's been murdered," Marnie said.

Charlee felt sick. She didn't know what to think. She didn't know what to do. She had the feeling Sami was behind what had happened.

***
Sami opened the door as he heard banging. He saw Charlee there. "Tell me you didn't do it! Tell me you didn't murder my father!" She yelled.

"Keep your voice down!"

Charlee shook her head. "No! You had something to do with this! I know you did! You and Warren Fox! Why?!"

Sami said nothing. He knew he couldn't lie to Charlee. He sighed. "Warren and I had something to do with it. He said he was going to hurt you."

Charlee frowned. But with her knowing this secret, could she and Sami make their relationship work?