Thirty

Charlee hadn't heard from Sami in a couple of days. She knew how he had gone to London. And how he said he would be back. But he hadn't.

She didn't know what had happened there. But she was worried. She knew something had to have happened. Her family had tried to tell her that she was overreacting. But she knew she wasn't. Something had happened. And she didn't know what.

Her head was in constant overdrive. And she needed it to stop. It wasn't good for the baby. She knew that. But there was a nagging feeling that wouldn't leave her.

She knew how Kenzie had cut her weekend with Warren short to be there for her. And she was thankful. She just needed to somehow find out what had happened.

Misbah hadn't heard from him either which definitely struck her as odd. She knew if he would have contacted anyone, it would be Misbah.

All she knew was that something had happened to Sami. And no one was telling her anything. Which hurt her more than anything.

Morning came and she was sitting on the sofa. She hadn't slept much. And she felt as though she needed to. But she couldn't. She couldn't fall asleep as she was too worried.

She looked up as Kenzie came and sat with her. "I know you're worried. But you need to keep your strength up. It's not fair on the baby."

Charlee wiped away her tears. She sighed. "I can't sleep. I can't think. All I want is Sami back. I don't know what's happened to him. What if he's dead?"

Kenzie rolled her eyes and smiled. "He's not dead. He's probably gotten sidetracked. He's not dead."

"Well I don't know that. You don't know that," Charlee mumbled. She was crying again. "I just want him back," she sobbed.

Kenzie held her close. She sighed. "Look. You can come with me to see Warren. We can see if he knows anything," she told her.

***
Charlee and Kenzie went to the club. Warren was there. "Ladies. Bit early for drinking? And she's pregnant."

Kenzie rolled her eyes. She sighed. "We need your help. Something has happened to Sami. While he's in London. He's not contacted anyone. No one has heard from him. You're as dodgy as they come. So what can you find out?" She asked.

Warren frowned. "No one heard from him?" He asked.

Charlee shook her head. "No. He wouldn't just up and leave. Not when we're having a baby together. I know that he wouldn't. I know that we're happy," she told them.

Warren nodded. He looked to her and sighed. "I'll do what I can. I can't promise anything. But I'll find out what I can," he said as he smiled.

"Okay. Thank you."

***
Charlee was sitting in the pub. Everything was a complete mess. And she didn't know how to feel about it. She looked up as Warren walked in. "Well?" She asked.

Warren sighed. "I've spoken to a mate of mine in London. He saw that Sami has been seen as a threat," he told her. He sighed. "I'm going down there to get him back."

Charlee nodded. But she had no idea how Sami was about to turn on her completely.